Slouch Hat done for the rest of winter!



I do know that winter does not end here until the first of May. So I'll need a springy colored hat for the rest of the snows that will inevitably come. I finished the Slouch Hat or Felicity pattern. Dream in Color is so soft to work with. Washable wool. Where did I get this wool?

Well, I joined a Valentine Swap on Ravelry. We were supposed to wait until Valentine's Day to open the swap packages.
My swap partner was Kristen from Michigan.
We hit it off.
We both decided to cheat and open our swaps as soon as we both had them.
It was just as much fun not waiting.
We have no willpower.
This is ONE of the Dream in Colors she sent me. The other is Cubby Blue.

SHE sent me the book with the Vest of Many Colors Pattern.

We weren't the only ones who cheated.





I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Elaine said…
Oh it's great. And I am very glad you cheated because your posting about the Vest of Many Colors gave me an evening activity - I'm still obsessing about it. I checked and my local B&N and Borders don't have it, nor does anything within a 50 mile radius. I even checked the library consortium and they don't have it. Why am I obsessing? Because it is not within reach. I did treat myself to a new knitting book for Valentine's day just before I saw your post. One is enough for right now - right? So when you you talked about wanting a pattern that you love but can't have, it struck me even harder. Not only would it likely be ungood for me, but I literally don't have it. It's hard to know what is worse - having it and not being able to knit it, or not having it and therefore literally not being able to knit it. A deep philosophical question :-)
Anonymous said…
I love that Dream In Color color and so pretty on you! I just plain love Dream In Color. I am wearing a pair of Smooshy socks now.

To Elaine: I think not being able to choose to not knit is definitely the worst!
Anonymous said…
Personally, I believe that things sent in the mail are meant to be opened as soon as they arrive! It isn't fair to make them wait after they traveled so far!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Deb said…
That's a great color. I'm all for cheating too!
Unknown said…
That is a fantastic hat. The color is very flattering.
Anonymous said…
The hat turned out so great! Dream in color comes in so many great colors - once you find a source, you'll have tons of choices!!

msuteachergirl
Jill L said…
I just cst one the Felicity pattern. Love your's and it will brighten up a winter day!
Subhadra Katz said…
Thank you for publishing this post!! I've been looking for the perfect pattern for a slouch hat that doesn't look to much like a beret or too girly. It's for my boyfriend and I have this amazing yarn from a woman on Orcas Island who raises her own sheep. So I've been a little frustrated at not finding the perfect thing. Yay! I'll let you know how it comes out :) Thank you again!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???