Presidents' Day Post



This is post #975. Yup. THe 1000th post is upon us. I hope to get there within a month. Oh there will be a contest.

I had some little troubles with my knitting this weekend. I want to make the Kaia Babydoll dress by Crafty Wee Wifey. I tried using my cotton/wool blend. Then my arm starting hurting. As much as I like the yarn, there just isn't much give to cotton blends. When I knit with Dream In Color the yarn just feels great in my hands. So, I quickly stopped that project. I also think the double stranded knitting in the beginning with all the increases for the raglan, little though it is, doesn't help either. I suppose you need to KFB whenever you make your raglan increases. Other make ones won't work or will they?

Good thing I have more Dream IN Color in a dreamy blue from my Valentine Swapper Kristen. I'm headed for more dream in....


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a good question about raglan increases, I honestly can't remember doing it any other way...but that doesn't mean you couldn't.
Unknown said…
I've only done KFB increases. Don't know if anything else would look as good. Dunno.
evergreenknits said…
Yay for contests!! 1000 posts will be a major achievement indeed (I'm only around 200 posts, and even that seems like it's been a lot of work!)

As for those raglan increases .... it all depends on what look you're going for. For example, Stefanie Japel's used YO's for a decorative look in her Ubernatural (sorry for the Ravelry link, but Magknits is no longer!). You could probably also lift the running yarn in the row below, or make one by knitting into a stitch below. As long as it's a symmetrical increase, I think it could work!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the almost 1000th! Increases? I've done them both ways-- kfb and lift and knit yarn between stitches. The second way you get into lifting front to back to make the increase lean one way and back to front to lean the other way. I prefer simple kfb!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks cotton is hard on the hands. I would love to be able to buy tons of Dream in Color!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???