Until the last rum ball is eaten....



It isn't over until the last rum ball is gone....!!!! I love the week between Christmas and New Years. I'll be doing a bit of reviewing here at Irisheyes and giving out awards for those of you who comment regularly. I think the awards are cyber awards only. But we'll have a bit of fun.

My perfect oldest sister brought me yarn from ireland for Christmas. Oh, I see a lace project in 2009. It is from Trim.

Yesterday was spent with the Hungarian side. We have these family cookies that you need a saw to get through, but they are perfect once dunked in a cup of coffee.

The stories my Uncle can tell. Anyone new to the house for Christmas is quickly amused by him. He doesn't drink, he is just a great story teller. The point of each story is to make you laugh. And we do! He was talking about how he thought he saw every movie made in the 1940s because there wasn't TV. His mom would drag him to the show with her. They would be giving away plates and cups and utensils when you bought a ticket. They stocked their cupboards with these plates over the years. I have to find a plate like the one he tells us about. He cant' remember what they looked like . Do any of you????

I'm going to start knitting again, and start PT next week. I simply cannot sanely exist without a bit of knitting day to day. I'll take it easy, I'll ice it. I've been as good as I could, and Santa just brought more yarn. So I can be naughty again.....

Any yarny gifts from Santa for you this season???

I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like fun! I've got to figure out what the prize is for the cookie swap! I think is almost HAS to be a cook book. :D
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas too! Isn't it fun to have family members tell those great old stories? I love it. Our grandchildren are old enough now to want to hear (and enjoy) Grandma and Grandpa's stories.

No yarny gifts were recieved here, but there were plenty of requests for more hats!
Unknown said…
Just be sure to do the PT exercises that they give you. They really will help even though they are tedious.
NatRed2 said…
That is the most perfect cookie I have ever seen. No rum balls for me this year but my sister in law did send me a cookie care package :)

Don't be too naughty. You don't want to be grounded permently.

I'm naughty all the time when I should be tempering the use of my arm...pain Bah Humbug...what is a little pain when I can knit! (makes for more trips to the bone doc)
Pat K said…
I got a lovely fibery alpaca gift, and will have to start spinning again so I can knit it up someday. Check out the blog to see it. Do be careful starting up knitting again.
Unknown said…
This year my family did the just kids gifts as some of our family are having a hard time of it. It was really nice to just sit back and enjoy the kids excitment. So no yarn goodies for me. But don't feel bad. I buy what I usually want. lol
Hugs Patt
Elaine said…
No yarn goodies for me either, but since both my mother and daughter submitted hats to the contest, maybe they are figuring that they will win a prize here and give my a late present. Or maybe I'll win and then I won't need a them to. Or maybe we'll all win and then we'll all have yarn since I didn't give either of them yarn either. :-)

And I do know about the plates and cups etc. although I'm not THAT old. It is what is sometimes called "depression glass". They are usually tinted pink or light green and have sort of lumps in them. My mother had a sugar bowl like that when I was little. I asked about it and she said that during the 30's and 40's, everytime you went, you got another piece and I think each theater had their own color/style to ensure brand loyalty (but I'm not positive about that part - I may just have made it up). Now I wonder what ever happened to that bowl? Probably my not-so-perfect older sister swiped it since she figured it had some value. Now, now, dear. This is not the time of year to be nasty toward ones family (in public at least) :-)

I hope no one here got coal in their stocking, certainly not in a hand-knit one since I can make it all dirty and create holes.

Happy holidays!
Bianca said…
LOL! Our Christmas was really weird this year. But that is a long story...
Ling said…
Hi. No yarny goodies for me either as we too, decided to only have gifts for the children.

Take it easy with the knitting. I know it's hard not to knit every day. Hope PT goes well.
kathy b said…
Elaine

Thanks for the DEPRESSION glass term. I am going to find some!
Elaine said…
You can usually find depression glass in non-fancy antique stores (since it's not really antique yet) or in second-hand stores. I'll bet you can find it at garage sales too.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???