The snow can fly now




I finished Fireman's hat and gave it to him on Thanksgiving. See how nicely he posed for the blog?

I'm thinking of finding a styrofoam head to model for the blog for me. Grace told me she found one for 3 dollars at a beauty supply store.......

The Hat: HJS Studio Double Hat pattern. Google that, please. I liked the idea of the pattern because I wanted to use warm Alpaca on the outside, (berroco) and soft merino on the inside (Zara). No itch. Lots a warmth.

Simple to make. I did use two yarns of slightly different gauge but it didn't seem to matter. You basically knit a hat, go back to the cast on edge and pick up the same number of stitches and knit the hat again. It looks like you are knitting for a Conehead in the process. Then you just tuck the one hat inside the other.

Thankful for all of you for coming to irisheyes. Thankful for all who blog as well. I enjoy reading your blogs so much.

I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the hat. There is one on Rav. that has you start at the crown and work to the crown. Works pretty nifty.

Great idea using 2 different yarns for comfort and warmth. g
Unknown said…
That's very clever!
Looks great! And, it will be extra warm being doubled up like that.
Karen said…
That's the coolest . . . and also the warmest . . . hat I've ever seen!!
Jennifer said…
What a brilliant idea. I love the hat and fireman looks adorable in that picture. Gotta love a man of mystery.
Ling said…
That hat looks sooo warm and cozy. I'd like one too!!
Agnes said…
I'm thinking of getting a fake foot ... you know, the kind to model socks! LOL!
Anonymous said…
The hat turned out beautifully! I wish we had some cold weather so I could knit one. Hope you and your family enjoyed the best Thanksgiving ever, and Huck got some turkey!
Lupie said…
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.
Why don't you join the Lesser Known Skeins on Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/lesser-known-skeins
Donna Boucher said…
Ingenious!

My husband is camera shy too.

Kathy,
About the camera. There are so many variables.
It is hard to tell you what to do.
If there is a point and shoot that lets you change the aperture then that would be less expensive than a SLR.

I will look into it, okay.

Donna

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???