My first Charity Contest Hat....I'll refrain from winning!



Pretend it is not a toilet paper roll cover . I did put it over a tp roll just to give you the look. This is my little child charity hat. I used the Lucky 7 cable hat pattern free on Ravelry. Then I was busy knitting at a nursing education conference and couldn't keep track of my decreases. So I decided to give it a eyelet roll and knit the top straight. Then I made a crochet eye cord which isn't an i-cord and drew the top together. This idea came from From a Rowan Classic Accessory hat. Am I making myself perfectly clear?

I want all that delicious handspun from Wooly Wonka but I'm saving it all for YOU!


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm totally stealing the hat on the TP trick for my posting this week! Great idea!!!
Karen said…
What a cute hat!! I must have missed the post about your contest when things went downhill with my uncle - everything is kind of a blur. I'm going to have to find that post and see what it's all about. :)
Anonymous said…
What a cute hat! I would like to knit one for myself. I'm going to go get the pattern now and follow your instructions for the top. If GD#3 finds out about the TP thing she will never model another hat.
Love the hat cable on;)Hugs Darcy
Elaine said…
Absolutely love the hat - the top is so cute.
Bianca said…
I am sure a little one is going to be very happy with this hat!
I really like the cables!
Anonymous said…
The hat is super cute-Love it!
Beverly said…
Great improvisation! It pays to think outside the box.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....