A sock swatch?



Well, I never. And I probably won't ever. But Al has. A certain Pete is going to have quite a nice pair of handknit socks this winter.

As for me, I'm really tired of socks. I am nearly finished with the pretty blues yarn from Major Jennifer and then I'm done with socks for a bit. There is nothing like wearing a pair or your own hardknit socks, no question. But, I am weary of size one needles and evil little dropped stitches.

The Cub thing is really starting to deserve my conplete attention you see, and I cannot easily frog and then pick tiny evil little stitches up easily. I suppose if I use floss and a sewing needle it may be doable and I'm certain sock devotees do it all the time, but I need a break from skinny little sock yarns.

The Cub thing is getting to a serious place. An every game counts so much kind of serious place. A I'm getting my hopes up kind of place......

certainly not the kind of place where tiny needles and tiny stitches can play around while I am not paying attention to them. So, for awhile, sock yarns will be resting around here.

I'd LOVE to see your socks though. Just don't look for mine for awhile:)

Go Cubbies

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Tired of knitting socks" I think that is forbidden! lol I guess I am cheating because I always use a little heavier sock yarn like Socks That Rock medium weight and never, never use anything smaller than a size 2 needle. That might make you a happier sock knitter!
Karen said…
Oh yes, it's true. As much as I love knitting socks, the sock mojo does come and go every so often. Some times you just need some big needle knitting.

And no, I don't think I'll ever swatch for a pair of socks either. But then again, I've been known to do tons of things I thought I'd never do.
Bianca said…
I still have two pairs on the go... one of them will be finished today. But since I signed up for a glove swap on Ravelry, I'll be changing from socks to gloves soon.
Anonymous said…
You're tired of socks? Just when I was going to invite you to our Halloween Sock Swap? Crud.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....