Dental friend Mary Beth guest blogs




because she is a sport. Mary Beth the receptionist, and wife of my dentist!, diagnosed my jaw pain correctly this morning! She isn't a dentist, she says, but she likes to pretend to be. Official dental diagnosis: ? tooth torsion. Official Mary Beth diagnosis: stress. "Have you had any headaches recently Kath?"

"Well yes Mary Beth. It is unusual for me but I had a headache yesterday that lasted all afternoon and evening. "

"Ahhhhhh. And do you grind your teeth?"

"Well, yes again Mary Beth! I even caught myself doing it several times yesterday!"

"there's your jaw ache, honey. THe headache adds pressure to your whole head. My jaw aches then too. " Mary Beth says this with matter of fact certainty.

NO root canal for me! Yippee. IT is just the job.......occasionally......and infrequently, but sometimes, a bit of too much.

Mary Beth is holding my newest cowl project. Oh don't go looking too close. I'm trhilled with this pattern and yarn. THe yarn is Dream in Color in this woodsy brown. THe pattern is taking me places I have not gone in the big knit world. I'll have to showing you more of it, very soon when it is more beautiful.

Dentists. Mine is really great. HOw about yours?

I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love my dentist. He always says that I have the nicest teeth and gums he's ever seen for someone my age! Is that a good thing?
Christy said…
I love my dentist too. We poke fun at each other and he's been know to snap pictures of me getting root canals.
kathy b said…
Christy

Pictures getting root canals? Hmmmmm. Can we see one?
Birdsong said…
Great news! I like my dentist a lot, and his wife does all the office and most of the assisting and she is really great. I love, love the color of your latest project.
My dentist is just fine as far as dentists go, but I am not really a fan of any of them. I am an anti-dentite. (remember that from Seinfeld?)
Bernadette said…
How funny! Google threw a dental ad above your blog! Guess they work off the content of the posts, LOL. Gorgeous colorway, smart dental friend! Hope you're feeling better and the headache is gone!
Bianca said…
We know our dentist for more than 20 years already. He is a sweet man, and also caring for the kids. Johan needs to go back soon, to have a molar filled...right after his exams... Talking about reducing stress LOL!
Unknown said…
YAY for no root canal!!! But might I suggest a night guard?
Anonymous said…
Yay no root canal! Did she charge you for that diagnosis.
I love the conversation and the cowl;)Hugs Darcy

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???