I cord edging as a pick up stitch



I am knitting on the i-cord edge to the baby blanket. A free tutorial on someone's blog instructed me. Cast on a few stitches, pick up a stitch on the blanket edge, swing the sttiches to the other end of the needle, knit two together , and keep going.

Of course, what appealed to me was the avoiding of sewing on the i-cord. The yarn is cotton so the edge is a big shaggy, but I like it. I'm picking up closely stitch by stitch to create a ripple effect on the edge . I'll have to block a bit, but only with a spray bottle.

I'm watching Pride and Prejudice with Al. I'm such a sucker for a guy with a pony tail. As long as it is clean as a whistle.


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

I love the attached I-cord. It's one of my favorite finishes. Yours is lovely. What a lucky baby that receives such a pretty blankie.
Grace said…
the blanket is beautiful Kathy!!
Karen said…
Yes, they all knit. It started with just Mandy, but then the trend spread through the whole group. They stay up late here at the house knitting, giggling, and watching movies together.
Unknown said…
It might me just me but I like it when things aren't perfect. Then they look like you spent a lot of time on them!
Anonymous said…
What a great choice for edging the blanket!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???