Mineshaft Throw photograped in snow



Sometimes when I finish a WIP I feel so happy. Mineshaft makes me feel that way. It really is a rectangle, I swear. Snow blocking is difficult at best. I'm hoping we can all put Mineshaft on a bookshelf when it is not in use. An unreachable to kitties bookshelf.

Onto the Nonni nine patch blanket. Grace's beautfiul berry colored acrylic is on my mind, however.

I have started to wear a wrist guard on my dominant knit hand, my right, at night. I was just beginning to feel some strain there. Have you used a guard? I thnk I must be fighting it whilst I sleep. There is a spot, right where you would stick me for a blood gas, that has a worn red circle now.

I think working on mostly one size needles as I finsih one thing at a time, is actually too much repetitive motion. See? I NEED to have more than one WIP for wrist health. Sneaky huh? Perhaps a massage would be beneficial as well.........

Comments

Anonymous said…
You need a basket with a lid for keep Mineshaft.

That is the best reason for multiple WIP that I have heard yet! And it's got medical backing!
Ling said…
Mineshaft shawl looks great! Wow!!!

I'm currently suffering wrist pain too. Mainly caused by lifting and carrying baby, pushing a pram, playing tennis, but luckily not knitting. Hope yours feels better soon.
Jennifer said…
Great FO. Yes - you should switch it up on the needles and projects. Plus... you should treat yourself to some great massage therapy. (Look - am I helping you to further justify indulgences?) Please take care of yourself.
Beverly said…
Mineshaft reminds me of a well worn comfortable pair of jeans.

Be sure to take breaks when you're knitting and definitely switch projects every now and then. Hope your wrist feels better.
Unknown said…
Snow blocking is really tough! Great blanket!
Natalie Rush said…
Mineshaft is beautiful. :) I wish I could say I've tried snow blocking...that seems like it would be fun.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
kathy b said…
Gnat honey.

Snowblocking was just a little joke.

I try to find your blog to read, but blogger won't connect me for some reason. What is your blog?
Anonymous said…
I love that someone took you serious about the snowblocking. So funny. Great blanket though. I'm sure the yarn was heaven to knit with, but yes, I think it was just too much of the same motion that got you into trouble.
Monika said…
Love the name Mineshaft, and it's a gorgoues blanket. About the wrist guard. I was thinking of useing one, because my wrists hurt too, but than I remembered. My son used to play hockey, and he had a knee guard, the doctor told him to take it off, because his knee would weeken even more with it. So I leave it off. I knit every day, for several hours, and it comes and goes, but it's not been so bad that I could not knit at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???