My other Blanket: inspired by Knitting Nonni



Knittingnonni.blogspot.com has a ninepatch pattern that I am loosely following. This blanket is being made from washable wools. It's all Knits on circulars. Sometimes I add some fairisle. Nonni knit hers squares in tubes so all the ends are in the inside and the blanket is extra warm with front and back knitted at the same time. She knit 9 patches. I am lazy and afraid of seams, so I am making 3 long tubes and I'll only have two seams to sew. I can't wait to get back to it. I'm denying myself this until the Mineshaft is completed. I am on the last skein of Lorna's Laces and there will be no finishing with Mineshaft. So it won't be long.

I stopped by 3 Bags Full in Northbrook today to pick up charity knits. Faith and Hope have knit for charity. Seriously. These woman have knit blankets and hats that are going to be loved by the entire nursery. If you knit for babies, try to remember Intensive Care infants do not have round little heads. Their heads can be more blockshaped initially. Unsure? Knit a soft colorful washable blanket. We use blankets the size of an opened up laptop.

Lynnette at 3 Bags showed me some beautiful new GREEN YARNS she is carrying. Environmentally friendly. She has a nice selection in the store now. She aslo is a SOCK HOT SPOT for Knitting Magazine. She has always carried a lovely selection of sock yarns. I have to see more than any shop I've ever been in. I so love seeing the socks that bloggers are knitting. This irisheyed hungarian knitter/blogger is on a sock strike.

One other thing, I have the perfect kitchen skylight for the lunar eclipse tonight. I think I'll make a special lunar watch treat for us tonight. Hmmmm. Moon pies? Maybe....

Comments

Mariella said…
I think your 9 patch is beautiful!
I love the color combos and I have a confession - I am knitting a very, very long strip on my knitting machine. I'm a bit lazy too :)
Bianca said…
Hmmm.... I saw in my horoscope that the lunar eclipse will be tomorrow (my time) I guess it never happened on my birthday before, that there was a lunar eclipse. As I write this message, the moon is full, friendly looking upon me. I always taught my children that the moon is God's Friendly Face.
Anonymous said…
What a great pattern. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the info about knitting for NICU babies. Now when I knit something for them, I'll know it will "fit"
kathy b said…
Kristiie

I'm so glad the little insight on premie hat/blanket needs helps. Anything with the usual ribbing at the brim of the hats, doesn't work for them. It is usually too tight, and impeeds circulation. Thanks for being a charity knitter.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tip on a yarn shop in Northbrook. I'll be there in June and looking for an LYS fix, Chicago style!

The blanket is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see it finished!
kathy b said…
Well let's have us a meet up! Let me know if you want to meet. I'd love to. I need advance notice if possible with my work/nurse schedule. I work many weekend shifts. Oh this would be fun! Can we?
Carol said…
Knitting the blanket in tubes for extra warmth is a great idea. I just may steal that in the future...
Debby said…
Love the blanket. Moon Pies?? Out of the box or homemade?

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???