Quilted Hat by Al



I call it the stained glass window hat. She calls it the Quilted Hat as this is the name of the pattern. She used two skeins of Koigu, black and a bluebase. She found the pattern on our last trip to MN. Pattern: The Quilted Hat Pattern by Shelly Kang. She knitted it for her friend Karen who goes to college in Montana. Now, she is knitting one for herself. It is a slip stitch pattern. Shelly Kang writes out how to do all the decreases to keep it very clear and doable. I'll bet some of you will be wanting to make this beauty. Or perhaps you already have!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW!!! Al's hat is absolutely gorgeous!!!! What a beautiful pattern. Good work, Al
Woven Spun said…
Oh me...she says raising her hand. I want to knit this. It's really cute.
Bernadette said…
Very pretty, and I like your name for it!
Karen said…
How pretty!! But I think I will take a pass on that one for now...I have other things to keep me busy for the moment.
Bianca said…
Happy New Year to you and yours! Lovely hat - compliments to Al
Jennifer said…
It looks just like a stain-glassed window. Stunningly beautiful. Congratulations on such perfection. Happy New Year to you and Al and all your loved ones.
Shelly Kang said…
Hey! Very nice interpretation of the pattern. I like your name for it, too. Your version does look like stained glass.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???