Substiutions



I needed to think about yarn subsitutions today. Irisheyes Lynn has okay'd my plan, so I am feeling good. I want to make a circle vest that I saw someone wearing at Stitches Midwest. The pattern is from knittyknottynj.com .

Yarn used: Noro. Kochoran.
I know .....there is no substitue for Noro.....BUT the budget is important.
I looked around a bit and decided since I am in love with kettledyed Malaabrigo big yarn, maybe that would be a good, economical choice.
I need about 550-600 yards .

I wonder if many of you substitute yarns? Have you substituted when NORO was the recommendation?

The yellow tree is outside my kitchen window. For any of you that don't get a color change with your autumn. I would never subtitute a deciduous with a evergreen.....Im not that crazy.

Comments

Suburban prep said…
I am loving the change of the leaves this season. It may have come late to the Chicago area but it is here now.
Anonymous said…
You read my mind. I was just thinking about what to substitute for that Noro!

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....