Road trip reviews




The drive along the Mississippi up to Minnesota was, perhaps, the most beautiful drive of any I've taken in the country. This includes Hawaii. Fall colors and darling towns flirted at us the whole way. It is clearly harvest time in Ag. land. I'm a sucker for fall, autumn, halloween.

Oh, this is a knit blog. I bought a pattern in LaCrosse and it may solve my zipped vest conundrum. I think I can trick my sister into thinking it is the Oat Couture pattern. This oneis Knitting Pure and Simple.
"Here Mom," Al said, "It's in the round. You can knit this."

Speaking of sisters, mine, loved the top down raglan. Can you believe I didnt get her picture to show you? She'll wear it in for Thanksgiving and I'll show it to you then. She loved it. She appreciated it. She wants the vest now.....

Visited The Yarnery in St. Paul on Grand Ave. Time was short for knit shops. I have a list of others to visit on the next trips.
Must say it reminded me and Al of 3 Bags what with its shop in a house AND truly nice staff. THe knitting Shop Hop takes place there next weekend. Wish we were there!

I purchased a log cabin pattern at Yarnery. I really enjoyed looking through a whole binder of THeresa Gaffey designs.

Other highlights included: The Keys for breakfast with a great waitress named Lisa. Touring the U of M vet school Ag. campus. Huck swimming in Lake Josephine. Dinner at ?Chianti in Roseville. Unbelieveable 80 degree weather. Taffy apples from the stand you see in the mum picture. The fries at ? Big Ten Bar in St Paul.

I began side by side STR socks most of the drive time. More images later. I really loved MN.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mums! Still too hot here for them. I'm happy you had a fun trip!
monica said…
Sounds like a great trip!! I fear we won't have our usual beautiful fall colors this year. The leaves are just turning brown and falling. :(
Unknown said…
it's hard to get excited about knitting those christmas gifts when it's freaking 90 degrees i agree. but i am excited by the similarities between ninjas and needlers. good lord i'm an idiot...
Jennifer said…
I'm all for fall! I love the fall colors, too. The mums are gorgeous. I'm so glad you had a fun trip.
We drove along the river on the MN side from the way far north in July and it was gorgeous! I wonder if there's a bad stretch along the river. ; ) The sky was incredibly dramatic with storm cloud formations like I've never seen before.

Yay fall (it kinda even feels like it today!)!
Anonymous said…
I love this time of year. The mums are so pretty. Sounds like you had a great trip.
Bernadette said…
Great shots of the trip - I love the mums - such vivid fall colors!
It's great you got a chance to check out other yarn shops, too! I love to do that... unless my impatient boys are whining behind me... ;P
Kelly said…
I not only felt compelled to buy orange and black yarn...I DID buy orange and black yarn...peaches and cream to be exact, lmao. Anyone got any ideas on what to make with it besides washcloths? LMAO

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???