Oh it was scary alright.....



"You should have seen the knots in her work. Everyone she made on a Sunday she had to take out with her nose!"

These ghosts are Irish for sure. My Irish Nana would always say, If you did any sewing on Sunday, you'd have to take the stitiches out with your nose, when you were in pergatory. Anyone else? Were you told such things? My Nana would laugh as she said it.

I'm keeping my knitting pretty black and white these days. The sister vest, dare I jinx it, is cooperating. I"m sure it is the Knitting Pure and Simple Pattern I am now following. I love every pattern they put out there. Straightforward, no nonsense. www.knittingpureandsimple.com shows their patterns and a gallery of successfully knitted garments by the average knitter.

There is a hint in this post. I won't say for who, because it would run the surprise. Black and white, hmmmmm, black and white........

Comments

Bianca said…
My kids would yell: Sweets! :-D (but alas, not that early in the morning) Glad to hear you are content with the project. I think the ghosties are cute.

My father in law usually says the same: in Dutch the saying is: een zondagssteek houdt geen week.
LOL! He does not know how many stitches I make on Sundays :-D
Jennifer said…
Ha! I love religious guilt. I wonder who first came up with it? Happy Halloween.
Anonymous said…
My Mother tells me her Alabama Grandmother used to say, "If you sew on Sunday, you will have to pick the stitches out with your eyes when you get to heaven." It surely scared a small girl many years ago when her Mother of 12 was forced to sew a button or a seam on a Sunday.
Anonymous said…
Great Gran never old me about the stitch picking out! She just told I can knit on Sunday but not sew on the machine (no mention of sewing by hand, as I am disastrous at it and even the angels would have pity)!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???