Jil Eaton's Puppy Knits

Meet Mr. Cooper. Our dog trainer's new puppy. He is at a fitting for his new winter/fall dogcoat.

The pattern: Fringe benefits, from Jill Eaton's Puppy Knits book.
The yarn: Encore. Washable wool, of course.

Al and I worked on this together. 99.9% work done by Al. I crocheted the verticals lines. I think Al knit this in 2 days. Who doesn't love a deadline? I was crocheting the lines on the way to Gee's house.

Mr. Cooper is part PBGB and part something else. Gee has had Doberman's her entire life. What a change for Gee.

Oh Al and I left off the fringe collar by choice. Mr. Cooper is fringey enough.

Question:

How do YOU wash your socks? Regular detergent? Vinegar rinse? I love Kookaburra but I'm out and I'd like to wash some socks quick. Thanks!

Comments

monica said…
aawww!!! how cute. That definitely is a change from a Doberman. You and Al did a great job, and I love those colors.
Ling said…
A perfect job. Mr Cooper certainly looks super adorable in it!!!

Re sock washing - I usually just chuck mine the washing machine on cold with a mild detergent. No problems so far (fingers crossed!)
Bianca said…
Lovely! It seems Mr Cooper likes it too!
Karen said…
What a cute sweater and an adorable dog!!!

Okay, I hate to admit to how I wash my socks. In the washing machine . . . gasp!!! I put them in a zippered mesh delicates bag and throw them in the cold cycle with the rest of the laundry. Bad?? Probably, but so far, it's been okay. :)
Kathy... said…
What a darling doggie - and doggie jacket! I have that book. I usually just knit for Sofee from the cuff, as she is so tiny. Sometimes starting from scratch is easier than modifying existing patterns, but I may have to revisit that book.

Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....