The Mobius I could Handle



I couldn't attempt anything the least bit tricky or new lately. I just needed safe, easy knitting. Anyone who reads this blog, knows that I am not the technical knitter in the family. Thank goodness for Al. :)

So this is the Mobius I made by knitting a strip, twisting it and having Al finish the one measley seam this requires. I used a loop mohair from Knit Together in My Mother's Womb Lynne's swap, and another complimentary fingering weight. This gave it a soft fuzziness that makes trying to find the seam, pretty tricky.

It is nice to wear on these useasonably warm Chicago days. When the wind picks up I just pull it to the top of my head. Someday I'll learn to make the Mobius the intended way. For now, I just needed to keep knitting. What's up next? Another simple simple knit. Embarassingly simple. Comfort knitting, for me.
Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

Beth said…
I've never done the mobius cast on - it just seems to fiddly for me. Doing it your way is just fine. :)
Karen said…
I think it's very beautiful . . . and that's all that matters. Heck, who ever said knitting has to be challenging or hard? All it has to be is fun. I hope you are okay, and that the knitting is helping see you through whatever you've been up against. My thoughts are with you.
Jane said…
Very pretty! And I believe the way you achieved mobius is the real way, no matter what some knit designer thinks.
Birdsong said…
So pretty! The colors are very flattering.
Pat K said…
You look like you're ready for any old blizzard now!
Anonymous said…
Love the mobius, Kathy. Everyone needs a little comfort kniting every once in a while. Yours turned out very lovely indeed.
Anonymous said…
It is just beautiful, Kathy B! I 'm so glad you found the perfect use for that yarn! Well done.
Irisheyes Lynn said…
It's beautiful, Kath! I love the colors. We all need simplicity and comfort sometimes.
Dorothy said…
That's beautiful! And I don't think you should feel bad at all. If I remember correctly - isn't that the way Elizabeth Zimmerman did hers? She didn't use the Moebius cast on ala Cat Bhordi! Whatever works, it still ad Moebius and a darn good looking one at that!
dswaite@mac.com

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???