Pen and Paper Methods




This is my ribbed tank pattern (copy for my own purpose) AFTER I have finished the knitting. I scribble notes all over while I do increases and decreases. I know there are row counters and clickers and clampitybongles, but I always resort to a pen on the pattern. (I have heard of stickynotes....but they fall off in the night while I leave my projects unattended....) I thought I was finished, but Al has informed me that she will not be my enabler....I have to do the two seams myself. I did do the 3 needle bind off at the shoulders twice. That's progress. Whatcha wanna bet I can bribe her to do it for me.....just like when she was a tricky little child!

Here's hoping she won't read the blog before the bribe....

The daylilies are just a peak at my garden, for you!


Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

That's the way I do it too, sometimes it overflows to the otherside. I always think that this way I will know what I did, but I'm sure if I looked at it again, I will not have a clue.
Pat K said…
Clampitybongles?

Okay, I use pencil and paper too.
Alyssa said…
My patterns always end up like that too:) Oh, and we have some of the same lillies - just gorgeous! See you Wednesday at Group.
Anonymous said…
I do that too! Looks like, from the other comments, you're not alone! It's the easiest way to keep things from being misplaced. Do you scribble on the original or make copies. I do both, just depends on where I am when I start the project. Love the day lilies. What a nice photo!
Anonymous said…
Wow, those look like my notes! I, too, use paper and pencil--only I draw all of these tables on a blank piece of paper or on the pattern. Then I check off which row I am in. Then I have various other ways of marking off completed rows (checks, X's, check with a cross out on the long part, etc.--you get the picture)Now can I ever read them again?? . . . I doubt it, since you kind of have to "be there" to get it.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....