One Seam Teddy Bear



This one seam teddy bear is from Blah, Blah, Blahhg in Toronto's blog. The site is http://ax174.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-own-pattern-11-one-seam-teddy-bear.html.

I don't like seams, so this little teddy was right in my comfort zone. There is one seam between the legs and that is IT!. I used Blue Sky Alpaca's cotton for the teddy and his built in turtleneck. I hope to make many more. This little guy is on his way to a co-worker's soon to be born baby boy.

The pattern is easy to follow and I am so grateful to the fellow blogger for her free pattern; it is practically seamless. Just trust her directions and go.

I decided to stuff him with polyfiber fill. I bought some inexpensive socks and cut them and stuffed them in the shapes I needed as I went along. This way the fiber filling will not pull out of the teddy.

I am very enamored with him.....
Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

Karen said…
He is so cute!!!! And one seam? That's a great pattern. I'm going to hop over and print out the pattern now.

PS: I haven't forgotten about your request for blog button instructions. Soon . . . . I promise!!
Alice said…
thanks for the comment you left on my blog.

that's such a lovely bear, and the sock idea was a great one. I sometimes stuff toys with an old pair of tights for the same reason
Marie said…
I love his little built in sweater! And only one seam! Wow!
Melinda said…
What a gorge!! He's really cute. Thanks for the link - I will find the pattern. Ta!
Melinda said…
I tried to find the site but couldn't... could you post it as a link if it is still available? Thanks!
Anonymous said…
3/21/11 I just printed it out.
Bla, Blah, Blahhhg My Own Pattern 11: One-seam Teddy Bear from Friday, Feb.10 '06 Only name I could see was Kathy... My name is Janet from Vancouver, WA.
Unknown said…
Expecting our first grandchild in Feb. Not a great knitter but think this would be a cute fellow to greet our new family member. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

The nearly Thousandth post Contest

Talk to you in the comments Contest

Cookie Sheet Blanket Contest .....