A long rationalization of my learning by mistakes!

I'm finally ready to turn the heel on Troy's first sock. Feel like I need to justify why it took me so long......it's because they are really going to end up looking like Christmas stockings! There is a wonderful mistake that I could get crazy about if I wanted to. There used to be two mistakes.

The first one was r/t my misunderstanding of the difference between ssk and k1sl1psso. I was not really doing ssk's and it was looking very sloppy every 7th row decrease as I tapered to the ankle. Well, you know me. Good knitters rip. So I fearlessly, (are you cringing Maureen?) slipped the stitches off their secure little size one needles and went back to the first decrease row. Picked them all up too. Now that I have done true SSK's when called for, the improvement is satisfying enough to justify the action. (the sock recipient wasnt even in favor of the rip back......saying he was going to wear them under jeans and no one would ever see the error. But I would know it was there. And I could envision him needing to have his jeans cut away after a trauma, and the E.R. nurse would be a knitter and SEE my errors. (or the ER docs wife would be a knitter! and he might recognize the sloppiness of the decreases in a distant but knowledgeable way)

The other mistake is going to turn into a little more work. You see the cheater yarn got stuck in the zipper of my little clinque bag that I use for portable projects. I had to tear the yarn from the inside of the bag. When I attatched the new yarn, I decided to go to a new ball, WITHOUT checking where I was in the color sequence. Im tired what can I say? So know I have to knit the next one with the same color sequence error. Because then it will look like a DESIGN feature. Heh, heh, heh.

In that it's Columbus Day and Im feeling particularly sad about the Native American plight, I am reminding myself that Native Americans Always put a flaw in their work to acknowledge their Higher Power as being the only perfect being.....this too soothes my error guilt.

I am also going to the Library today to read more poetry by: Peter Blue Cloud.

So Im posting a photo, not of the above WIP, but in honor of Lace Class tonight. (why does it make me so happy to go???????) This is my new yarn, please be jealous Lynn, its BLUE. Ive begun the scarf. The yarn was found at Mosiac in DesPlaines, which by the way has a punch card going. I LIKE that. 250.00 in yarns leads to 25.00 off your next purchase. No time limit that I know of. Its an Australian Merino in DK weight. The label says KING with a playing card in red.

Hope everyone has time to knit today. !!!!

Kath


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???