Lace cookies for the pattern reading challenged

Its cold out and drizzly and Im tired of bad patterns. Jan from 3Bags Full taught such a great Lace class again Monday night , and then the mentally irresponsible publish patterns that undermine my new skills. Jan, wrote the pattern author and magazine, and made no bones about the poorly written mistake laden Fox print pattern. So I was sad.

After the cross country meet I Dumpster dove a cookbook, in front of my teenage son's friends...........there is quite possibly a law against this. BUT look what I was destined to find. A cure for Lace pattern blues;

Swedish Brown Lace Cookies

1/2 cup butter (mmmmmmmm)
2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup chopped blanched almonds
1 cup sifted (who sifts?) flour

Cream butter and sugar. dah.
Add almonds then flour.
Using 1/2 tsp., measure and shape small balls of dough on teflon cookie sheet.
Dont put more than 12 on a cookie sheet.
Bake 400 for 4-5 minutes.
let cool slightly.
Remove with sheet with spatula,
THEN,
roll around a wooden spoon handle .
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Credit where due: A Darlene Carlson, from County Fair cookbook, recipes form a Trinity Evangelical Church in Oak Lawn. 1974.

I'll be making some for Jan soon.
Happy Friday all.
Kath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???