- Merry Merry Merry blog friends. As promised, the Eggnog Bread recipe is below for you. It is TASTE OF HOME's recipe. I leave out the red and greed candied cherries and the raisins....But that's just me.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating just until blended. Fold in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Yes it did! Christmas is here today and it is lovely.
BUt tomorrow is our celebration when Fireman and
Al come home. I cannot wait. I have some baking
This is the free lance fingerless that I decided was
fine after all. I'll be knitting the second one today.
What did Santa bring to you??? Any surprises???
Any yarny goodness????????