More hats more trees more baseball

This is the Ravine Hat.  I think I love it. 
I'm looking for a cloche pattern that I can knit. 
Hats hats hats ...
they are all I want to knit. 
I wore a hat I knit last year in millamia today.
Toss up between millamia and zara for hat yarn favorites. 
So soft,( merino)....does not feel like wool. 

Fireman and I  took down 3 more 40ft pine trees. 
Seriously. 
We finished. 
We have taken 11 trees down since September. 
Who knew I'd move to Wisconsin and get all flannel, 
work glove and Hat crazy. ?

I LOVE IT.
I'm exhausted afterwards. 
We heard some strange baying as we started this morning.
I think it was a deer in rut. 
Whatever it was it was cool! 


 Mr. Halloween has his very own perch at this new house.
He  is so smart!
 We have nuthatches, bluejays, cardinals, chickadees, hawks, crows and an occasional woodpecker.  Something large knocks the feeder down a few times a week at night. I'm guessing racoon.
Somedays we have turkeys in the yard.  We can hear the sand hill cranes nearby and they have their own sound!  

We are supposed to have  a warm weekend and you know I'm going to be watching the CUBBIES Friday Sat and Sunday!
(I promise this will stop soon, for those of you who really do not care about baseball.  One way or another there is only one more week left to the season.  Our season ! ) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you chose a lovely area to live. Sand hills ..........they are something else! There is NO mistaking THAT sound! LOL
Tired Teacher said…
Sand hill cranes do have a unique gurgling call - very distinctive.

You and Fireman will have the woods cleaned before spring at the rate you're working. Good job.
Betsy said…
My goodness, you've become a logger!!!! What a pretty picture you paint for us if your new home. I really like that Ravine hat and that is a perfect spot for the kitty. Boo! Go Cubs!!! (Just for you.).
Blessings,
Betsy
Araignee said…
I need you to drop by for some tree chopping. We've got some monster tulip poplars that need coming down. Lol...
Unknown said…
love the hat! It's perfect for an orphan bit of handspun that's been haunting me for a few weeks! Thanks for sharing!
Delighted Hands said…
Pretty hat! I'm glad you are adjusting perfectly to country living!
karen said…
country living suits you!! I hope you continue to love living there and enjoying all that fresh air :)
Vera said…
What a cute hat. And Kathy! Soon you'll be singing that Monty Python song: I'm a lumberjack.....hahaha. Love that you have so many birds at your new place and other creatures as well. It sounds so beautiful.

Go Cubs!!!!
Anonymous said…
I love that cloche. The Sideways Grande Cloche by Laura Irwin is another cute cloche pattern. I've knitted three of those and need to make myself another. Are you getting rid of trees because they're possibly dangerous in a storm?
Katherine said…
It makes me feel so good to hear the joy in your voice and know how much you are enjoying your new home. I hope you will post pictures of all of your birds. I can't wait! This time of the year I should be knitting hats too, but I'm feverishly trying to finish the sweater.

Go Cubs!!! I can't help myself--I will be watching even if it is bad luck for them. They will have to overcome!
Teresa Kasner said…
That is a neat hat.. I'm glad you're enjoying your own creations! I am wondering why you're taking so many trees down? I hope your Cubs win every game. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Mereknits said…
Great article in our paper today about our beloved Joe Maddon, or your beloved Joe Maddon.
Hugs,
M
Glad it is going well with the tree removal! It is a big job isn't it.
Judy S. said…
Cute hat! I hope you have a fireplace for all that wood! We heard those cranes flying over Jill's house last year; they are amazing. We saw our first one in WI and lots more in FLA. Have you seen one?

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???