Things to Love in July

 You Bloggy pals, are like flowers.  Gorgeous. 
Thanks for all the suggestions for Al's dilemma with the cowl.
I think, she's leaning towards mattress stitch. 

Ahhh Summer I love thee.
Here are the many reasons why....

*I'm knitting a Christmas stocking and you all are in agreement with me! 

*Food is not as tempting in the summer heat.
Honestly, I'm good with a sandwich.
No big heavy dinners to plan and shop and the like. 

*I delight in seeing little ones with ice cream cones, chasing
dribbles down the cone.

*I love a good dip in a pool. 
Did this last weekend with friends, and broke my cardinal rule: I got sunburnt.  Summer stupidity on my part. 
I fell off the sunscreen protection wagon hard...

*
I'm outside long enough to see stars. 
In winter I basically hunch my shoulders in to my coat and hand knit scarf, and pull my hand knit hat over my cold head and run from the alley to the door.  I don't look up.
I"m too busy not tripping on the icy walks. 

*
Fireman loves watching the Tour De France.
Oh wait this is about me.  But if he's happy I'm happy so

*
I love seeing everyone's summery posts. 
I really really do. 
I love to hear what you are reading and knitting.
I love seeing you with family! 

Happy July
Lots to Love
Anything you want to mention?

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
Outdoor concerts as the sun goes down (we saw Lyle Lovett outside last night and it was great!). Seeing neighbors we never see when it is cold and rainy. The dogs loving all the smells.
Teresa Kasner said…
Yep.. summertime.. and the livin' is easy.. we have the doors and windows open and the grass in the pasture up on the hill behind our old farmhouse is tall and covered with seeds. Today we decorate the gazebo for the 4th of July and tomorrow I'll make a big old potato salad like my mom used to make. Monday will be a country town parade and then back for a BBQ on our deck. Let the good times roll! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Anonymous said…
Your flowers are beautiful.

July has started out rainy for us. The grass is SO green and lush. I don't mind the rain at all.

Brats for dinner tonight --- that's a JULY thing for sure!
Araignee said…
We are having a beautiful summer here. Best weather ever. I see now why people like summer. I usually hate it but this is amazing.
Delighted Hands said…
All good reasons to love summer; I'm glad yours is going well!
Beautiful flowers!
Tired Teacher said…
Concerts in the park as the sun slips over the horizon, gentle breezes causing the sheer curtains to billow, visiting with neighbor's over the fence, and sitting on the deck reading a good book.
Mereknits said…
I have been loving the Olympic trials, so many swimmers we know in the mix of them, very fun. We love the Tour too.
Hugs,
Meredith
Janet said…
Love your summer list. Mine includes ice cream, of course, watching the Tour while I spin, and visits with the family.
Judy S. said…
I love being outside in the summer! However, it's been kind of chilly here lately. Hopefully things will warm up now that it's July. There are lots of summer birthdays and anniversaries in our family; love the get togethers.
Caffeine Girl said…
I love July -- it's the only month that I really can take off as a teacher. It's my true vacation.
Jessica said…
I'm with Fireman... Tour de France junkie here, and proud! Vive le Tour...I go into a bit of a funk at the end of July and miss the sound of Phil and Paul's voices.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???