Happy Saturday Weekly Round up

Our country is troubled, but I think if EVERYONE could sit by a lake and relax, we'd all be better for it. 
So many in the urban areas, don't get the chance to enjoy nature.  Nature nurtures dont' you think?

As for the weekly round up:

Al used the mattress stitch on her cowl. Thanks for all the suggestions. 

The idea of using a COLOR CATCHER when I felt my stockings is nothing short of genius.  Will do!

Thank you all for discussing the things you did for new owners.
Based on the reactions, I think I"ll just keep the garden up.
No long letters of what the house meant to us. 
Keep it a business transaction. 


Today:
Hair trim long overdue. 
Short hair needs upkeep and I've been a slacker. 

Knitting my second stocking. 

The windows are open. The dew point is low.
Summer is here and I'm on the porch so,
I'm sitting and knitting
and thinking of you
and wishing you were here knitting 
 too

Comments

Judy S. said…
You're right, nature nurtures! Keep up the garden and maybe make a list of the plants in case they don't know what they are. Have you sold the house?
kathy b said…
We have a buyer, but the closing isnt till mid august. :)
Araignee said…
Congrats on the sale! We've got two in our cul de sac that have been sitting for a year or more. Both completely remodeled and and reasonably priced but no takers.
Anonymous said…
I agree nature does lead to peaceful thoughts.

Betsy said…
I sat by the lake for a couple of hours and knitted this evening. I have to agree with you. It relaxes me so much. After all of the news this week it was very needed. I'm glad you had the opportunity to sit and knit too...wish we could do it together too.
Blessings,
Betsy
Delighted Hands said…
Nice poem, thanks. Sitting outside and just listening is very good for our peacefulness...
Teresa Kasner said…
Wouldn't it be neat to have a knit/crochet retreat on a lake and have all of us together in comfy chairs facing the lake.. and a handsome waiter serving us hot coffee or cold iced tea and finger sandwiches and cookies? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Mereknits said…
If everyone could sit at a lake and knit the world would be a better place. Enjoy your day.
Meredith
karen said…
I wish I had my windows opened...that would be wonderful and so would a lake! it did not rain while we were away...and someone has been eating my garden (groundhog!!!) ...
I agree - nature does nurture. lots of good thoughts coming your way from Canada.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???