Open For Suggestions!

 I was so happy to find flowers at my front door Saturday.  Gorgeous fragrant lilies and beautiful Iris.  I was overjoyed. 
I prefer these flowers to roses.  Do You? 
The most important men in my life were outside dining in Long Grove at the Chatterbox Friday.  Fireman had a birthday and the weather was wonderful!  He was wishing to dine outside and the weather has been so iffy, but he got a great day last Friday. 

I am finishing my goldfish socks.  
I have startitis though and I want to knit a hat with my 
Schaefer Yarn (from a sale over a year ago at my LYS).

It is a dark shaded purple color. 
I'm in the mood to knit a hat but not in the round. 
Any suggestions? 
I have only knit hats in the round. 
Off to Ravelry to take a gander. 
I'd love any ideas you have.




Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
You can always knit a hat with a seam.

OR--and I love this way---knit a band flat and then seam it. Then pick up stitches and finish it in the round. Then you can do a pretty cable band.

Here is an example: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wavy-moss-hats-and-headband
kathy b said…
KIM

I LOVE THE HAT AND TECHNIQUE...HMMMMM. ITS IN MY FAVE'S NOW
Delighted Hands said…
My Mom hates to knit in the round so she always knits the hat flat, just add two stitches to allow for seaming it up! Piece of cake!
Teresa Kasner said…
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Fireman! Your two guys are Hollywood handsome. :-) Have fun deciding on a hat to knit. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Tired Teacher said…
Iris, especially bearded Iris, are on my flower favorites list. I like lilies, but their fragrance is too strong for me to live with for very long.

Happy Belated Birthday to Fireman. I'm glad the weather cooperated so he could celebrate outside. It's been chilly, rainy, and downright dreary here the last two weeks.
Anonymous said…
Glad your husband had a birth day he wished for. I can only think of a crocheted hat or a hat that has some construction and is just not knit in the round.
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday (a little late) to Fireman! Looks like he enjoyed his al fresco lunch.

Betsy said…
I'm glad Fireman had a good birthday. That's a great picture of the two guys. :-). Be careful on Ravelry. It's a rabbit hole. I get on there looking at patterns and plan to spend just a few minutes and before I know it, hours have gone by! Most of my hats are knit in the round so I'm of no help to you.
Blessings,
Betsy
Happy B-day to those two handsome dudes of yours!! I'm afraid I can't help with the hat pattern....I do all mine in the round.
Araignee said…
I can't wait to see the hat you come up with. The idea is intriguing...
Caffeine Girl said…
Aw... such handsome men!
I've only knit hats in the round, too. And with my seaming skills, I think I'll stick to that!
Beautiful flowers! Happy Birthday Fireman! Hope you found a hat pattern!
Mereknits said…
Those two are so handsome, I know you are proud of them. I love roses in nature but not so much the store bought kind.
Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???