I'm joining Carol's prompt for Ten on Tuesday today. Here are 10 things I truly enjoy about the Season:
1. Everyone gets into the act. Above is my dear friend Kath who plays Sister. At the Christmas shows she creates a living Nativity with her audience. She brings so much JOY to her audiences lives (and mine) all the time. If you live in LA, you must go see her!
2. I love the carols which play non-stop on our radio station from Thanksgiving to Christmas.
3. The tree. I love it all lit up. I love all the trees all lit up. I adore the tree lots at night with the bulbs and the trailers.
4. I love Christmas morning with my family. It is the best. Something cinnamon in the oven and lots of thought behind our gift giving to one another.
5. I love the GIVING part. Our Yarn Studio has a giving tree to donate handknits, our library has a sock box, the Salvation Army ringers are great and I always give to the staff at my mom's nursing home. At the Holidays, though, I have so many options for treating them. Sunday it was brownies iced in green and red.
6. I love seeing children light up when they talk of Santa.
7. I love giving little gifts to friends. They aren't big, but I love to wrap a gift and give it.
8. I love the cookies. This year I am not partaking. I've pass up cookies almost daily now. I can love them from afar.
9. I enjoy the cards in the mail. I swapped with Amy and got a lovely card from England yesterday.
10. I enjoy having the holidays OFF. THat is the best part of being retired. For almost all of my adult life I worked the holidays. Now Fireman and I are off for them and it is still new and wonderful. 100% wonderful.