Knitting and Reading


I'm knitting some more socks. This pair is another big ply 
pair.  I'm not in the mood to be fiddly with tiny weight yarn.  THere's a place for biggy socks.  It's called Chicago in Wintertime! and it is going to come...

I finished a great book last night: 
THE SPIRIT CATCHES YOU AND YOU FALL DOWN.
It was published in 1997.  
I could not put it down.
I missed this one when it was originally published.
I couldn't handle any more sad or intensive care stories 

when I worked in ISCU Or NICU.



Someone of you recommmended it.
It was fascinating. I highly recommmend it. 
I could relate to it on many levels. 


The hawk below was flying into my neighbors Cottonwood tree at dawn yesterday.  Such gorgeous creatures.  
THe hummingbirds are gone here and they were spotty at best all summer. 
The fall /halloween decor is out and Im loving it.
I love FALL!  



Comments

Caffeine Girl said…
Oh, I loved that book! It is so beautifully told. And eye-opening about different cultures.
I will be back in Chicago in the early new year.... and I think some thick socks will be in order!
Teresa Kasner said…
I *love* the speckle-y look of those socks. I also love your Hawk. We have many here and they always thrill me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Tahnee said…
Wow, that yarn you are using for the big socks is incredibly pretty!
Tired Teacher said…
When I saw the sock picture, I immediately experienced yarn envy. The colors are gorgeous!

My lawn is becoming more and more littered with fallen leaves. I love hearing the crunch under foot.
Katherine said…
The hawk is beautiful and I agree with you, we had very few hummies this year. I think they went somewhere cooler.

Your socks will be fun to wear in such bright, yummy yarn colors! Happy weekend knitting!
Araignee said…
Gorgeous yarn! I wear my biggie socks all winter so I can keep on wearing my holey Crocs. It's the best thing to do with handspun.
Judy S. said…
I loved that book, too, and it took on new meaning when our younger daughter started having seizures. I need to read it again! Looks like a fun pair of socks in the making. It was so great to see you!
KSD said…
I LOVE the yarn! Great, great colors.

I once used "The Spirit Catches You. . ." as a textbook in my Intro classes. It was, and is, a beautiful way to learn sociological terms and ideas. My students seemed to enjoy it, as it wasn't a dry text. And it was a WHOLE lot cheaper than a textbook.
So luck to come across your excellent blog.Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Mereknits said…
Those socks look very toasty.
Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???