Monday, June 08, 2015

The Weekend Wrap UP

 On the way to see my mother in the nursing home, a rainbow. 
I told her about it. 
 The chipmunk eating seed out of the big cup in the garden.
Finally, my roses are blooming!

This weekend was for:

*going to CloseKnits Shop in Evanston with my pal Abby

*buying clearance yarns there for more charity mittens
(you know I can't resist when I'm in a new shop) 

*listening to the Triple Crown race while driving to the shelter for a cat meeting.  So old fashioned and wonderful to hear the race on the radio. 

*great reception from the cat people after I spoke about surrogates for orphaned kittens, as opposed to bottle feeding. 

*and, 
declaring the coming weekend as a COOK free zone.
Fireman was supposed to do a century ride Saturday.
His friends bailed on him. 
I told him,  if he cancels too, he has to know I was counting on no cooking the entire weekend while he was gone...
and 
that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

8 comments:

Judy S. said...

LOL, you are so funny! Would that be 100 miles to ride? That is impressive! We heard the race also, but our SIL taped it so I hope to get to watch it happen again. You oly bought yarn for mittens? I'd say you were quite restrained.....

Araignee said...

That chipmunk is a cutie!

Katherine said...

Chipmunks are so cute! We don't have them here but our squirrel "Marauder" was taking a bath in the bird bath this morning. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Stick to the no cooking resolve!

Bravo to Fireman for the century ride.

Dee said...

A no-cook weekend is needed every now and then! :-)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Jealous of your roses... but mine will be blooming soon!

Tired Teacher said...

This is a fun post. Hope your weekend was a relaxing one.

Teresa Kasner said...

Our roses are blooming too.. well, they have been for a while now during our odd early summer! Enjoy your no cook time! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

elns said...

The chipmunk in the pot. ha! too cute. It looks like cross stitch! I'm right there with you wanting a cook-free weekend. Heck I want a cook-free week, and as busy as we are, I think there won't be very much cooking. You sound like you're having a good time and going to have some more!

Blog Archive