Tuesday May 26th

 As you enter my yard this is the side garden along the fence.
The dark leafed plants are chocolate joe pye weed. 
They are supposed to attract butterflies.
They didn't read the book because they simply haven't called a butterfly to them in the 6 years or so that we've had them. 

You cannot see the moss rose border.  They have just been planted and need a good month of neglect to blossom and spread.
After years of having no success in those patches, we tried moss roses last year....and they took. 
The small irises were given me by a neighbor from her extras a few years ago.  This is their best showing ever. 
At the very end of the patch is a Stonecrop that another neighbor gave us last year. 

On tap for today:
more mittens to knit
leftover pasta salad, baked beans and burgers from our barbecue
and
a bike ride between the raindrops. 

That's a lot of b's.
So, in true Sesame Street style:
today's post is brought to you by the letter 
B
and the number 6. 






Comments

Unknown said…
Your garden looks so lush!! Fantastic. Great eye candy to enjoy when you're outside! Your activities are sounding summer-ish! Could it be?
Teresa Kasner said…
Wow, that's really pretty! I have those Iris and just love them! Yours is nice and thick! Have a relaxing day. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Araignee said…
My mother had clumps of those little iris. They are so pretty. Your little garden is so neat and tidy. My yard looks like a jungle already.

It's so nice to see everything filling out and blooming!
elns said…
Definitely a fan of that first photos. So pretty! My favorite B ... Kathy B!
HonorĂ© said…
Your garden is lovely and I love the play on the letter B in your blog post. Sounds like you have a good summer ahead. And lots of mittens planned to knit. Enjoy your first summer of retirement...the days fly by!

Cheers~
Anonymous said…
Beautiful!!!!!
Tired Teacher said…
Moss roses are so pretty and require little care - I love them!
karen said…
green green green! I loved sesame street and the way my children would watch as I blitzed the house clean :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???