Mittens are So Much Faster than Socks


Hello pair of mittens. 
The pattern is free from 
Americans are making...afghans for Afghans. 
Basic Pattern for Children's Mittens by elizabeth errand. 
She asks users to donate a pair of mittens to your favorite charity. 
The yarn is KNITCOL trends by adriafil made in Italy.
Color 069.  I paid 10.50 for a skien. 

Second verse, same as the first!
Or I'm casting on a new pair today. 

Here are my neighbor's flowers. 
Shot this just before sunset. 


Lynn, long time blog fan, and mother of two kittens we fostered, 
Teddy and Mr. Whiskers, (formerly Fixie and Bonk) 
sent goodies to the cats.  
They loved the box it arrived in. 
One of the gifts is a track with a ball in it.
Ohhhh, instant hit. 




Do you feed your roses? 
What do you use for more blooms...? 



Comments

Vera said…
Pretty mittens...I can't start those...need to master sox first or I never will - lol. Love that track for the kitties. I'm going to have to look for one of those.
Pammy Sue said…
Love the mittens and yarn you used. I just ordered some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and a pattern to try my hand at knitting some. That should only take a year or so. Hahaha. Really, I hope not. I had sticker shock at the price of the yarn. They'd better be beautiful! It took me forever to pick a color because there are so many choices. Looks like the kitties will be happy a while. I use Miracle Grow (the pink powder in a box mixed with water) on my roses. I save gallon-size plastic milk jugs and use those to fill with the mixture and pour on the base of the plants. Maybe twice a season is all I ever do it.
Anonymous said…
I use Bayer Rose Food twice a year at least and I love the results for both potted and in-ground roses.
Enjoy your blog; your article on nursing was passed on to several present day nurses who really enjoyed it.

Kinga
Judy S. said…
Great mittens, Kathy. Are these going to be the Trap competitor? Around here I try to feed our roses every 6 weeks, starting in the spring. I use regular rose food, but when I want real results on the flowers, I use Master Nursery's Bud and Bloom. One of the nursery folk told me that if doesn't make your plants bloom, nothing will!
Patty said…
I love the mittens! And the name Crumpet! No rose advice here, good luck. :-)
Mereknits said…
I have never fed my roses but now I sure feel I have to. Mine are tiny.....hmmmmm that just might be the reason, no rose food! Love your mittens.
Hugs,
Meredith
Lap Dog Knits said…
I love the mittens...and the book!!
my roses?...Bloom Busters food and for me out here in California...it's a battle with rust on the leaves from the ocean overcast in June...it's all down hill after that...happy gardening!!...now you've made me want to knit a pair of mittens...:-)
SissySees said…
Pretty mittens and flowers. I love grape hyacinths!
Tired Teacher said…
Lovely to see the blooms - flowers are late to bloom here as temps are still a bit cool.

The mittens are wonderful. I like to knit a vintage "classic mitten" pattern. It has a rounded top that fits well.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???