Good Clean Fun

 Sunday was Baby shower day for my niece.  
In the past, I was working on weekends. 
It is so nice to go to a baby shower. 
A friend made the cake.  
It was a yummy as it was pretty. 

On Saturday night we saw Rita Rudner's comedy act. 
She was darling.  She gave a long performance and she never swore or went to raunchy material. 
She made us laugh with ordinary observations. 
My Favorite joke of hers: 
I got my flu shot at Costco.
I had to get 36 of them so I think I'm covered.

There was only enough time to knit one new mitten.
It is an adult sized mitten.
I'm already working on the cuff of the partner. 
The yarn has some alpaca to it. 
Just enough fuzz! 


I'm wrapping up my indoor activities for the spring. 
Soon I'll be on that porch all evening and I don't like to do indoor events during our short summer. 
I don't even like to eat out if I have to eat inside. 
I don't go to movies in the theatre and I don't go to indoor concerts.

I can't wait for the 70s they have promised for this weekend .


I did a post on getting your wools ready for summer storage over at Threebagsfullcorner.blogspot.com ...

Happy MONDAY!  
What are you most looking forward to in the warmer days ahead?

Comments

Alpaca mittens will be nice and toasty!
Tired Teacher said…
Wow, the cake is amazing!

Love the joke - thanks for the chuckle.
Unknown said…
Lovely cake! I am also looking forward to some warmer weather here in Mich. I am looking forward to the beach, cookouts, and outdoor concerts.
elns said…
Sounds like a good weekend, with "just enough fuzz". I'm glad you're enjoying all the benefits of a bonafide weekend :)
Teresa Kasner said…
What a wonderful cake! We're at the beach and it's warm and sunny here and we have the door open and I'm listening to the Pacific Ocean roar. We're just relaxing down here as I wore myself out on that trip to New Orleans. LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Kim in Oregon said…
I'm a huge huge huge frosting fan (and luckily married to a man who HATES FROSTING) and that cake looks like nirvana to me.
Araignee said…
I'm not looking forward to warmer weather because it will bring out the mosquitos and then I can't go outside anymor. It is perfect here just like it is-a bit on the chilly side with a little breeze to blow the bugs away.
Katherine said…
That is a gorgeous cake! And, I really love your mittens. They look so soft and cuddly.

I have always wished we had a screened-in porch. Maybe this is the year to do it. As it is we live on the patio, with the mister spraying during the really hot months. That and grilling are the things I'm looking forward to the most.
Judy S. said…
That was one fancy cake! I would have had a very hard time cutting into it. Love that mitten and its great color, but hope you don't need it any time soon. It is spring, right?
Unknown said…
I'm with you regarding inside vs. outside. Now if it would just stop raining long enough for the cushions to dry out I could get on with it!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???