Yet Another Christmas Surprise...

 If we put a tree skirt under the tree, it causes cat crazies.
Pie likes to chase under the tree if theres a skirt.
Fireman found many cookie tins in the basement and had the idea to put them under the tree.  I love it. 
Pie weaves in and out of them cautiously...
so far the tree stays up!
something else is up: a new post at threebagsfullcorner.blogspot.com
 My current trap is composed of a gold koigu with many sock yarn scraps.  It is keeping me very happy.  
 I'll share some of our family ornaments in these posts until New years.  Hope you enjoy. 

Now for the next Christmas surprise story: 
Friend Rita scours garage and house sales for fun.
Friend Rita leaves a bag of old aluminum and plastic needles on my porch Sunday as a surprise. 
The plastic bag they were in was worn to softness. 

Yesterday I went through all the many many needles and stitch markers and such to see what I'd keep and what I'd donate or share. 

I love plastic needles...I know, I'm weird.  It is just that they give a bit and you know I need some give...

Amongst all these knit items I find a teeny tiny teeny weeny manilla envelope.
It is marked with a dentists name and address in Tennessee.

I open it..
and there are 4 gold crowns inside. 

I went to the jeweler and he paid me 65 dollars for the metal.
I called Rita and we donated the money to the Animal shelter.
It seemed the Holiday thing to do, as who knows what home they really were from.  
Rita is a crazy cat lady; its a win win. 

and that's the tooth of the matter!



Comments

Unknown said…
Decorative tins under the tree...brilliant!

I love the colors in the new Trap...fabulous!

Plastic needles...really? I understand the "give" part aspect, for sure!

Rita's treasures and a donation to the animal shelter...priceless!
Nancy said…
If my crowns weren't being used, I'd dash to the jewelers.! ;o)

I like metal needles, but prefer plastic to wood any day. I like their "give" too.

Love the Trap!
Araignee said…
What a story!!!!
Your ornaments are precious. I wanted a dog ornament in memory of Dear Old Doggie last Christmas but I wasn't ready. Too many tears in the ornament aisle. Maybe this year? Nope. I feel the tears already coming.....
Judy S. said…
Love that newest Trap! Great use for the hidden treasure. I'll bet some knitting program would love to have the needles you don't want. Sometimes they teach knitting at schools to help the kids focus.
Katherine said…
I love this post!!! What happy goings on! The tins under the tree, the kitties playing around the Christmas tree and tins, good things found and kind things donated--I love it! You make me happy Kathy.
Ingrid K. said…
Awwww, Kathy! That story made my heart smile! :)))
Just wonderful!
Glad you found a home for the kitties!!!
Have a good week!
Ingrid xx
http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be
Anonymous said…
Well, wasn't THAT a strange surprise. And, what a good idea for what to do with the windfall.

Love the tins under the tree. Very festive.
Mereknits said…
Well that is an interesting surprise, and a lovely donation.
Hugs,
Meredith
Caffeine Girl said…
I think that's my favorite trap so far!
Plastic needles? You're right; I don't get it. :)
What a lovely story and donation.
And your husband's idea is great. I love the tins under the tree.
Celia said…
Nice Christmas bonus, and what a great way to spend it.
SissySees said…
I want to try a "floor tree" for the first time in the fur-girls' lives. The Knight disagrees. He has duty tomorrow...

LOVE the Santa and dog ornament. I adore ornaments and the memories they recall.

LOVE that you found crowns and donated the proceeds. You and Rita truly have givers' hearts!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???