Not Nearly Enough Knitting



The weekend was full of gatherings.
We had a wonderful time last night at an old friends' home.
Mark and Mary Ellen met at McDonald's and were married. 
Fireman and I met at the same McDonald's at the same time and we married.  There are 3 other couples we know from that time in our lives that met under the arches, all working there, and have married.  
Clearly love is in the french fries…

I didn't get to knit nearly the amount I wanted.
I did get to see Mary Ellen's whimsical garden creatures. 
My friend Diane, from work who is a great knitter also, has an incredible garden with little fairies in and  around it. 
Mary Ellen has a smattering of fun flags, butterflies, cats and dragonflies in her yard.  It doesn't look overdone at all.
I'd like to do more of this in my yard too.

When I don't have the needles in my hands for a certain part of the day and then the next... I develop this crazy tic….
just kidding.  I do miss my knit time….
it is my zen,
my quiet,
my practice.  

So there was little knitting but I'd like to think we wove some wonderful times together this weekend.  I think my whimsical friends are my favorites….
crazy loves crazy dont' you think?





Comments

Unknown said…
What fun! Yeah, I think crazy loves crazy, creative loves creative, fun loving folks like fun loving folks! Oh, and ... HAPPY KNITTING! It helps keep balance in your life!
Katherine said…
I can testify to the fact that crazy loves crazy and that they are simpatico! Actually, I like to hang out with a bunch of crazies because then we all feel normal.

I love the garden fairies and elves. It makes a garden feel lived in. DH says that during a crisis or stressful time, "The worse things get the faster you knit." I think he is right!
Nancy said…
Love under the arches would be a great commercial - you should share your story with corporate!

My knitting has stalled this week. I haven't knit a stitch in five or six days.
Caffeine Girl said…
That is so funny! Who would have thought love could be found at McDonald's?!

I love crazy, unique people, too. There is no reason that crazy has to be a bad thing!

I love that dragonfly -- so colorful.
Araignee said…
Knitting is magic. I can't imagine a day without it.
karen said…
there is love in french fries and I do love french fries :) I haven't been knitting much with both kids home but when I do knit the time is much sweeter :)
Mereknits said…
I love that you are all still happily married, it must have been the fries. I feel that way about knitting, too must be why I am a bit crazy these days, not enough time to knit.
Hugs,
Meredith
elns said…
What a great story! I love how all of you met at the Golden Arches together and married later. How cute is that?

I know how you feel when there is not enough knitting time. Sometimes all you need is a row or two at the end of the day to feel ... complete.
SissySees said…
One of my very elegant friends calls it "cray-cray." I am definitely feeling close to cray-cray every day.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???