Green Gifts

 I was gifted some green cotton yarn.  I have to see if there is enough yardage to knit myself a vest.
(With Reverse Shaping!  Joy of joys)
I am finishing Fireman's socks first.  

Below is a critter we saw on a woods walk the other day.
What do you think he is? 
The lagoons were covered in green green duckweed. 
For Katherine
and everyone else who wants an easy 
go to dinner bread:

CUBAN BREAD

5-6 cups flour
2T sugar
2T yeast
1T salt
2 cups HOT water

Mix the yeast and water for a few minutes
Mix 4 cups of the flour, salt and sugar.
Mix it all together. 

Beat 100 strokes

Add the remaining flour
Knead by hand 8 minutes

Let rise 15 minutes
 Punch down and divide

Shape into two round loaves
Set them on a greased upside down cookie sheet
Cut and X atop each loaf

Place in a COLD oven 
Do not preheat
Put a pan of shallow water under the rack with the bread on it.
Bake 400 for 50 minutes

Crunchy crusty yummy bread!

Comments

Katherine said…
Your critter looks like a Hedgehog to me.

Thanks for the bread recipe. I have printed it and am off to the kitchen to gather ingredients. Yum, yum!!
Pretty yarn
I suspect your critter is a beaver!
Sue said…
I think your critter is a beaver.

The vest yarn is very pretty. Can't wait to see the vest itself.
Nancy said…
Looks like a beaver to me, too.

The bread sounds yummy!
Anonymous said…
Pretty yarn!

The bread sounds pretty yummy.
elns said…
I don't know what the critter is, but I want to know!

Thanks for the bread recipe! I should give it a go.
Judy S. said…
Your bread recipe sounds very tasty! Love that blue-green yarn!
Celia said…
The critter looks like a nutria.
Araignee said…
I love that bread and make it all the time. Now I want some but I bet I don't have any yeast. I never have yeast when I want it.
That critter looks like it wants to be left alone. Scary.
Alyssa said…
Thanks for the bread recipe! It's like my bread recipe that I've been trying to perfect, except I was preheating the oven! Maybe that's what I did wrong... :O
SissySees said…
Yum. If the Knight wasn't at the station (do old chiefs ever REALLY retire?), I'd make some tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???