Great Gift Book

 My volunteer buddy Linda is having a birthday. 
She knits afghans and only afghans. 
Martha at 3 Bag Full found this pattern book for me to give Linda yesterday.
What a gem. 
The patterns are clear and easy.  The premise is you can knit these blankets up fast and all of the patterns use 10 skeins of Berroco yarn. 
Linda was overjoyed with it.  
Have you seen this pattern book??

Anyone who has read this blog for a bit knows I love autumn and I love Halloween.  How come I never imagined having 2 black cats?
Pie has Marty Feldman eyes here, they really aren't that buggy. 

While the hummingbirds are gone, the owls are here! 
Friend Karen has one near her house.  It is a great horned by the sounds of his hoot.  We call him OWLIVER.  The other night we heard his mate calling back to him.  She's Owlivia.  
I get the biggest kick out of hearing these owls at night.

Karen texts me when she hears him and then I buzz over and 
we sit in the dark and listen for them
Cheap thrills.  I love em.

any cheap thrills for you lately?

Comments

Nancy said…
Fall has been cancelled here, and Winter has taken up residence - a wet snow ended my dream for a long and beautiful Fall. The trees are snapping from the weight of the snow, and the foliage will turn a soggy brown. So much for Fall. . .sigh!
SissySees said…
Cheap thrills... nope. I'm exhaused after a very late, contentious meeting last night, but at least the details are finally finalized for my new job and the end of things here.
Katherine said…
I will look for that book because I am thrilled by the idea that I could knit an afghan over the weekend, or even in one week!

Cheap thrill--I'm thrilled by watching my bell peppers grow. They are teeny-tiny right now but shaped exactly like the full grown version. Every day they are a bit bigger and I can't wait to sample one.
Mereknits said…
I have a big barred owl behind my house several nights a week. I can see him swooping down on my lawn, He is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Meredith
Judy S. said…
That does sound like a great book! I've only seen an owl in our yard once, but it was a thrill. They are so quiet when they fly. Today's thrill was a pair of deer in our backyard. They were young and one had a pretty good set of antlers for a youngster!
Araignee said…
Pie is the perfect Halloween kitty!

We also have owls but they scare me. I'm afraid they will eat our cats.

I've been getting all my thrills from a bag of Cheetos. I think my insides must be neon orange.
Unknown said…
I love your story about listening to the owls! LOL! Sounds like something I would do with my neighbor!
Tanna said…
We are still in the heat of summer... LOL! But, the days are getting shorter and the feel of fall must be coming!

Cheap thrills... a phone call from my son yesterday that just made me laugh. =)

I need to try to find that pattern book! blessings ~ tanna
Celia said…
I love Fall! I love October, ghost stories, haunted houses, scary movies, pumpkins, corn mazes. I love it all!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???