Baking, Knitting and a Happy Ending


The Strawberry Shortcake tasted as good as it looked.

This is no small feat for this baker. 


The recipe: from RealSimpleMagazine

3 cups flour
1 T Baking Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/4 sugar
3/4 cup butter cold 
in pieces

1 cup milk



Heat oven to 400.  Mix the above until crumbly, THEN add the milk and stir until gloppy.  

Plop Glops by the 1/2 cup full onto a baking sheet
Sprinkle tops with sugar. 
Bake 18 to 20 minutes

Let cool. 
Cut tops off and layer a bottom, strawberries, whip cream, and a top . 

Karen is knitting 
a cowl out of ...shhhhh acrylic.  Big needles soft yarn, and seed stitch....


IrishyeyesLynn cannot comment for some reason (Please email me if you cannot comment too.....gasp
can't have that! )
Lynn says thanks for all the compliments on the adorable baby sweater.  

Great news: Lucy Lou is being adopted tomorrow !  She is going to her forever home.  I'm elated. 




Comments

Nancy said…
Yum - fresh strawberries, shortcake, and whipped cream.

Nothing wrong with knitting with acrylic yarn!

Good news about Lucy Lou
SissySees said…
I do love real strawberry shortcake. Hooray for Lucy Lou!
Katherine said…
Okay, trying the strawberry shortcake tonight! I've been knitting with a lot of acrylic lately--mostly baby things, but fingerless mitts too. I love the soft look of the yarn she is using for the cowl!!

Congrats Lucy Lou! Have a wonderful little life filled with purrs.
Tanna said…
Oh, my. goodness!!! That shortcake looks out of this world good!! Ooooh, the cowl looks so soft. =) And, YEA for Lucy Lou finding a forever home.
Judy S. said…
That's the best kind of shortcake. Looks like a nice cowl also. With Bloglovin on some blogs, including yours, I can only post if I open the whole blog rather than a specific post. It's weird. So glad Lucy has found a forever home!
Mereknits said…
So happy for Lucy Lou, she deserves a forever hoe.
Hugs,
Meredith
Anonymous said…
I love strawberry season! YUM!

Happy wishes for Lucy Lu in her new home.
Araignee said…
I love acrylic for things that go around my neck or face. That cake is going to make me go eat something I shouldn't. Yay for kitties in good homes!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the recipe; I'm going to have to try it--sounds so easy! And I LOVE strawberry shortcake!!

One think about acrylic...it's soft and snuggly around the neck.

I am so glad Lucy Loo is going to a loving home!! Yea!!
Alyssa said…
I can comment just fine! Oh, but you can probably guess that... from the comment. Thanks for the shortcake recipe! It's strawberry season already (at least, they're all on sale) and I just can't believe it. Strawberry shortcake is my favorite springtime food :)
Mrs. Micawber said…
Mmmm. We are waiting for local strawberries (which come in June). But I could do shortcake with chocolate syrup and whipped cream any time. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???