Old Fashioned???

 Are you old Fashioned??  In this amazing age of technology some things need to remain old Fashioned.  I needed a gluten free dairy free recipe for dessert yesterday.  My neighbor Abby is gluten free dairy free, and she was coming for dinner.    I found this REAL SIMPLE recipe for Old Fashioned Peanut Butter cookies.  I had little hope they'd turn out delicious.  Why?  Because; What is cookie without butter?? 

Fooled me.  They are fantastic.  I even used low fat peanut butter and they are amazing.. Fireman loved them.  I loved them. Abby loved them.  
IF you want the recipe google Realsimple Old Fashioned Peanut Butter cookies......

I'm old fashioned about a few other things.  I knit my own socks after all.  

*I prefer a Paper card in the mail  to a e-card, but I'll take what I can get. 

*I love to listen to the radio......

*I prefer Sit Coms to Reality Shows

*I drive stick shift and like it that way

*I'd pick a campfire over a computer game any night of the week

*I like my Coke with caffeine and real sugar or corn syrup

* and lastly,

I bake my own bread often.....

Are you old-fashioned about anything??  


Comments

Nancy said…
Yes, I'm old-fashioned because I. . .
• prefer phone calls to text messages
• prefer snail mail over email
• love to play board games
• use hankies instead of tissues
• use cash instead of credit
• have a debit card but don't carry it
Nicole said…
I'm totally with you on the paper vs ecards and the Sit Coms vs reality shows! Though I do like a good computer game...
SissySees said…
I'm not old fashioned, but I love traditions, I love paper (snail mail, a journal, a date book, etc.), and I must try that recipe. Maybe I'll bake this weekend.
Celia said…
I like old movies and old tv shows. I don't like remakes. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Katherine said…
Wonderful looking cookies!! My Mother was a great letter writer. She corresponded with friends as long as she was with us. I definitely should take the time to be more like her!! It seems we continue so few traditions these days.
Grace said…
LIke Chan I prefer tradition to new and up and coming. I prefer an address book to a computer list, I prefer writing checks to banking on line. I prefer baking to microwaving. I have succumbed to time saving conveniences but I don't love them
Sarah said…
I am a mix.

I love to cook & bake stuff from scratch. I knit, but not nearly enough. I do enjoy a phone call to texting but also text and I love cards in the mail, hand delivered or mailed!

Marguerite said…
I
.text but spell all the words out instead of using the shorthand.
.wear comfortable shoes.
.wear jeans that come up to my waist.
.write thank you notes on paper.

This could turn into a long list.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???