Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

This is an orange post.  My ribbed scarf is nearly finished.  I will finish it today! I have some dental waiting room knitting ahead this afternoon.  I also have unlimited porch time later in the day.  I'd rather knit my Cardi Shrug, but I am too functionally fixed in my ways to be working on 3 projects at once. 
I did place a buttonhole in the scarf for easy wearing.  It looks like too small an opening from this image, but in real life it is good!  Orange you wondering why I am showing you a radiator in 90 plus degree Chicago summer heat?  Because, in a few days we are half way to Christmas that's why!
(I am off this Holiday!!!!!! So we cannot get excited too early) 
 Orange you thinking these trumpet flowers are gorgeous?  They attract a few hummingbirds in July usually.  I only have a few weeks to wait!  The light was just right last night when I snapped the image of the flowers.  Fireman told me the flash was going off.....well that's my smart Fuji Camera for you.
It KNOWS how to take great images...I just frame and snap.  Orange you surprised that I let my camera do the thinking for me?
Orange thunderstorms on the weather radar map would be so welcome this week.  Minnesota and Wisconsin seem to be taking the water we need.   I'm sure they'd like to send us some!

Orange and chocolate are a favorite combination of mine and Zachary's.

Oranges are such a treat in this area in the winter, and then summer arrives and we forget them what with all our strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and melons.   My Aunt Elanore made an Orange cake that used to be delicious.  I must go find that recipe.

About the most orange we get around here is a Dreamsicle ....from the Dairy queen.

Knock Knock
WHo's there
Banana
Banana who?
Knock knock
who's there
Banana
Banana who?
knock knock
who's there
Orange
Orange who
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Zach has a friend from Africa who says there is a saying similar to  , "She just rubbed a banana on my arm" .  It has something to do with not helping someone.....
Here are some other African sayings I Found that make more sense:


An egg never sits on a hen
A full stomach does not last overnight
A stick thrown in the water does not become a crocodile...

Sayings anyone?  Orange anyone?


Comments

Nancy said…
Dreamsicles -- yum!

Orange is a color that I don't usually like, but my goodness, your scarf is lovely and your flowers - WOW!
Mereknits said…
You are making me smile to day and I am loving the orange scarf.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
Bridget said…
My mother used to always say to us, "If you're born to hang, you'll never drown." Not necessarily comforting, but I heard it so much that occasionally when someone is telling me their woes, I hear it in my head ...
gMarie said…
what a fun post! Love those flowers - I've never seen orange ones, only white. g
Grace said…
IF it isn't one thing, its your mother!
Katherine said…
Old saying: "Birds always peck at the best fruit."

Love the orange scarf. The flowers are gorgeous. I wish you could catch a picture of a hummingbird at one!
SissySees said…
Pretty pictures. I'm sure there are sayings, but none come to mind right now...
Robin said…
Love the scarf and orange is one of my favorite colors. I always had big feet - now wear a 10.5. My grandfather told me I'd never tip over in a strong wind. You know what? I never have!
Anonymous said…
I was craving a Dreamsicle the other day. Now, I'm craving it again! LOL

Have a great afternoon!
Minerva said…
Love that trumpet flower! That is a perfect picture.
My parents had one of those trumpet vines when I was growing up. I tried to transplant some of it when my father moved, but it didn't take. I wonder if you can buy them? Will have to find out..
I like that orange scarf. Very cheery!
kathy b said…
I forgot to tell you the trumpet vine is just my neighbor.....
it lives on their vine that climbed over the fence.....
good fences make great neighbors and trumpet vines too
Celia said…
Dreamsicles are such a great memory from childhood. Even the smell of them is pleasant.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???