Thursday, February 24, 2011
Dances with Wools Felted Mittens
I knitted myself a pair of mittens. I have to say that I prefer this Dances with Wools mitten pattern because you knit the mittens on two needles, flat. Since seams are forgiven with felting, I wanted to try this method. I tend to fight with the thumb stitches on double points, so this method left me very relaxed. I washed them twice in hot water, with my front loading washing machine, and Tide. Oh, and the yarn was Nashua, again. I love how it is spun and how it felts.
Grace tagged me for 7 things you don't know about me:
could there really be 7 things, the way I blab on and on here at irisheyes?
1)I do not like puddings. The texture gets to me.
2) I am always early if not exactly on time.
3) I never wear a watch;I can usually guess the time anyhow within 10 minutes
4) I've pretty much quit working out/walking since my dog Huck died, and my rescue failed
5) I love to swim but not enough to make me join a pool
6) I love when the cats come to sit on my lap, even if I am knitting
7) I have had two blood transfusions in my life. I am grateful to the anonymous donor!