The Millenium

With the new beginning, per Blogger count, I am looking ahead! In this the thousandth post, I will share my long term goal with you.

I want to raise an angora bunny. The German Kind that you shear. I don't want Fireman to worry, it will take me 4 or 5 years to research this in order to bring it about. We have a saying around our house, "We have too many things that poop right now." 3 cats and one dog equals lots of clean up all the time.

In the future, however, I do think I'd like an outside angora or two. If they need a companion to be happiest, I will definitely have two.

The mascot on the new Blog heading is so cute. I googled Angora rabbit images and there it was.......

I do love angora. I wish I had a little farm. This would be enough farm for me. A rabbit or two, just to look cute and give me some wool. It is a good thing I have spinny friends.

That's my long term goal. On to the next 1000 posts!

See you in the comments. ("be very very quie"t.....elmer fudd)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is this one it? Is this number 1000? I think that is fantastic!! Congratulations and here's to many, many more posts.

Angora bunnies are so cute! I sure would like to watch you shear one. I love the new header!
Angora buddy to cuddle what a lovely idea I once saw a man spinning hair right off ones back I wondered if it hurt the bunny?((((Hugs)))) Darcy
kathy b said…
Darcy-----that was something that you saw! Spinning the hair right off the live bunny! i'll bet it didnt hurt. WOW.
kathy b said…
Darcy-----that was something that you saw! Spinning the hair right off the live bunny! i'll bet it didnt hurt. WOW.
Beverly said…
Happy 1000th! Good luck on your bunny hunt.
Bianca said…
Congrats on your 1000th post! May many more follow!
rita said…
Wow--1000! You're way ahead of me!

My daughter had two rabbits, just the regular variety. Did you know that those things can die from fright? They're fear-shedders? Never again.

*shudders*
Anonymous said…
Do it! But don't let them get scared.

Is this it? Is this 1000? If so WOOOO! If not...um... is it the next one?
Karen said…
Congrats on # 1000. WOW!!
That bunny is soooo cute.
Tally Knits said…
You'll love having angoras... I bred and showed them for some time before college and they are such a good-tempered breed. I had French Angoras (you can pluck, but I chose to shear (didn't want to wait until their molt to harvest!)).

Rabbits, despite what many will say, are solitary animals and do just fine (even better) alone. Keeping them together can create issues with barbering (eating eachother's coats). That said, who says you can't have two cages?
I have a post showing the guy spinning it off the angora bunny I will hunt it down for you:)(((Hugs))) Darcy
Unknown said…
I had one as a kid. Cinnamon. She got loose and when we caught her a week later, we had to shave her since she got so matted. Poor girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???