Little Blue Sweater



So, you are looking at the top down raglan upside down at this point. If you've never knitted like this, I'll try to explain.
The part at the bottom is really the top. It will be folded in half and become the hood.
The part at the top, is the shoulder area at its formative phase.
You work on the body now, going back and forth on circulars in stockinette. So you knit a row, turn it around and purl a row.
The reason you are on circular needles and not straights, is that there are too many stitches to fit on straights. So you knit on long circulars as if they were straights.
The sleeves are just marked off right now. You take a piece of yarn and remove the sleeve stitches putting them on the yarn as a holder. Later, you pick them back up and knit on double points in the round. Really in the round, the regular way.
Most of you who read Irisheyes are more proficient knitters than I; you've already done this.

If you are a scarf or baby blanket knitter, this type of sweater pattern will really make you feel like a sweater knitter. Is any of this making sense to you? The best part about this pattern type is : If you follow the pattern exactly, it is right and your sweater will be really beautiful.

I have learned that I need really well written patterns. I am not the geometry type. Tell me how to knit in lots and lots of words and I will be able to do it.

A yarn shop owner tells me that no one writes a pattern the way I want, because it would be too many pages. No one writes out reverse shaping the way I want it written out. I really think that someone ought to try to do this. New knitters would GET it.

Hmmmm, maybe I should..............

ask you for some help. Stay tuned.
I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Deb said…
what a sweet sweater -
Anne said…
Yes! Give it a shot--patterns for word lovers are hard to find.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???