Thursday, June 19, 2008

bunnies



Angora Cowl.
Made from Birthday gift yarn from the family at least 3 years ago.
i thnk it was from Great Adarandack in paintbox colorway. I've only a half cup coffee so far......but i am pretty sure.
I love angora.
If you look to the last post, you'll see I began the cowl with another yarn, Lush. For some reason,( known to better knitters), as I knit that soon to be frogged cowl, the bunny's fur magically lined up in beautiful clumps of color.
When I decided to knit the cowl in only the angora, the colors didnt do this. I do wish they had.

Was it the perfect number of stitches on the first cowl that led to the colors staying in line?

My neighbor has a wild bunny in her yard that she is calling Scoots. Scoots comes hopping up to her to take a tossed apple piece as a snack. She and Scoots have a bond going....

If she gets to the point of combing him......I'll have some more bunny fur and another cowl. Not likely, but with the price of life these days, I don't see any more angora in my knitting for awhile!


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

Your latest cowl is so pretty. Looks very warm and soft. Love the colors!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Your cowl is beautiful.

Nell said...

I bet Scoots would LOVE a nice brush!

Katherine said...

The cowl is beautiful! If you love angora, as I do, try The Cozy Rabbit Farm (www.cozyrabbitfarm.com). They have hand dyed angora for very reasonable prices. These days I'm saving my pennies for enough quivet to make a hat!

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

Iam envious as I have always wanted to knit with angora just lovely:)Hugs Darcy

Breien in Lansingerland said...

The cowl looks lovely indeed. Comfortable to wear on cool evenings :-))

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Looks so soft ... lovely. So warm looking also. Wish I could knit with angora. But the fuzzes drive me nuts! Well they don't like me anyway.

Bernadette said...

That looks SOOOO soft and cozy! Very pretty colorway, too!

Blog Archive