When all else fails.....felt



I knit this hat from the top down a few years back in lovely alpaca. It wasn't long enough. I added some purple trim. Still not a good look. A few days ago I felted it. I have a great little bowl now. it can take me awhile to admit a mistake....I never intended to knit a bowl.

I have to give Evergreen Knits a big thanks. She runs Wiknit.blogspot.com. Do you visit her contest site? She lists as many contests as bloggers want to tell her about. I think it must take a bunch of time. Thanks so much Evergreen.

I've been knitting the idot's dishcloth. THe colors are all springy and pastel. Maybe my Mom's basket will have a dishcloth inside. I make my parents little baskets. They made them for us for so long. She'sll say, "oh well now, why did you bother?" as she smiles and inspects her goodies. I'll say, "well, I didn't do it the bunny did."

The bunny will be visiting so early this year. Okay by me!

Comments

Ilix said…
Hi Kathy, you are the runner-up for my contest! Check my blog for details!

I think that is a great idea for your Mom....
evergreenknits said…
Thanks for the shout-out! I'm really, really pleased that you find WiKnit helpful.
Bernadette said…
Thank you for the contest link! That is a wonderful resource!

What a lovely idea to make Easter Baskets for your parents! I am sure they appreciate it and are touched by your thoughtfulness!
Bianca said…
Yes, Easter is early this year... March however a festive month. Two birthdays, one Thursday and one exactly a week later, Easter... before we know it, it will be Summer!
Anonymous said…
Am I the only one all messed up by the early Easter this year?

From a hat, to a felted bowl .. how clever.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???