Garden chatter



The 17 year cicadas are due to emerge anytime now in our area, East of Lake Michigan. We had a young tree in 1990 that has a big scar on the trunk from cicada damage back then. The tree did fine and hasn't been moved so we expect the next generation to crawl out of the ground around it soon. I wonder if I knit something in the heirloom category, who might have it 17 years from now. I have an idea...

In other garden news, I have been lucky enough to have as my Garden theme yarn swap partner: Emily from Alabama . Her blog : Yarnmiracle.com. We met through Lynn from KnitTogetherinMyMothersWomb, who runs great swaps. The women I have met through her are all just lovely. Stop by Emily's blog. You'll love her photography and her KNITTING.

My garden color scheme is very limited: purples and apricots. Purple petunias, and apricot doubled impatients. I'm trying to simplify.

The other thing a garden needs is bees. Al gave me some sock yarn for Mother's Day. Thanks AL! I returned it. (She said it was okay to........she wasn't offended. This family has a history of returning gifts and I believe I have finally caught their bug. ) I had to have the last two skeins of Lorna's Laces Bee sock yarn at my LYS. BUZZ BUZZ they are going to be so cute.

What is your garden going to *bee* like this year?

Comments

Jennifer said…
That's too funny. The 17 year cicadas were all the rage in the NE a few years ago (was it 2003 or 2004?) but in the end after much publicity they were barely even noticed. It was so anticlimactic! I hope yours is more exciting.
Anonymous said…
Saw some cicadas in Wilmette yesterday. Ugh.
Anonymous said…
Does it bother anyone else that these things hide out underground for SEVENTEEN YEARS and then pop out again? Nature is weird.

My flower beds are a riot of color - a slightly neglected riot. I expect the lantana to cover up everything (including weeds which will save me a lot of time) very soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???