Forearms like a bricklayer



I indulged in a knitter's massage about a week ago. Nell, the therapist, is a knitter. I always ask for her knitter's massage. She knows what I mean: the shoulders, the fingers the neck and the arms. When she was working on my arms, she told me she would have thought I was a bricklayer by the size of the muscles in my forearms. Hmmmmmm, could it be the blogging?

Anyhow, I am making this sleeveless top for summer. The pattern is simple enough and my favorite part will be the neckline. What I'd like to do is get my upper arms in shape for wearing sleeveless this summer. I read something about lifting full milk jugs whenever you peek in the fridge. This sounds about my speed. No workout clothes needed, no gym memberships......I'm going to give this a whirl.

Any other tips out there for getting rid of flabby arm?

Comments

Bernadette said…
Iwould start out slowly and use 2-3 lb weights first, then progress further. Lifting too much at the start can cause neck and shoulder problems, as I learned the hard way at the gym - I ended up having to go for PT, where I learned the right exercises and how to gradually increase weights. I am sure there are websites that will show you correct exercises to get started.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???