Absolutely All Over the Place Post......

 The Pumpkins are everywhere. 
I'm loving it. 
You were all so varied on the question of ghost walks. 
I'm determined to take one this year in our new area. 
BOO

If you haven't heard yet, Nancy of Wyoming Breezes fame, finished her 100th Quilt of Valor.   Nancy, you amaze me.  One quilt would be a remarkable gift.  100?  Wow.  I know Veterans so appreciate being wrapped in your thanks and kindness. Our friend Larry , a Vietnam Vet treasures his quilt given by his local chapter in Illinois.  

 My pal Sandy gave me this darling ornament to commemorate our first Christmas in this our new home.  It is pretty and the snow looks real on the circle inside. 
I know it is way too early for Christmas, but I just got this and had to show you :)

 Feeling oh so Blessed that I now live in the country. 
My doctor called it tincture of country when I saw him yesterday. 
He's so right.  
I know city folk who would go bonkers out here. 
I'm so glad we are all different. 
The orchard within 20 minutes of me offered us wine tasting. 
We had to take a bottle of this Big Buck  Blue berry wine home.
We'll save it for a special treat. 

 So many of the barns and farms around here are meticulously cared for. The paint is fresh, the buildings look sound. 
Fireman is loving the cycling opportunities. I just see Up hills . :)
I'm working very hard on not worrying until there is something to worry or be concerned about.  Constantly finding something to worry about is exhausting and non productive.  So I'm not worrying about you all in the path of the Hurricane.  I'm praying for all my Florida bloggy pals today that you know safety and accept help as it is offered.  Let me know if you need extra prayers or karma and I'll send it your way! 

Oh, and I'm very happy knitting more hats right now.  And the CUBS are in the playoffs.  First game tomorrow night.  SOrry Mets fans, I did NOT want to face you.  San Fran fans.......your pitching looks phenomenal.  # Waitedmywholelifeforthis. 

Anyone with extra tickets can just let me know. Right? LOL!

Comments

Katherine said…
Good luck on the ghost walk! I'm not a Halloween lover but I do enjoy seeing all the little ones come with their costumes. The leftover candy is not bad either.
Caffeine Girl said…
You have really taken to the country.
As you will see one of these days, I live a couple blocks from the only Confederate cemetery north of Mason-Dixon Line! Camp Randall was a hospital for a while during the Civil War.
Anonymous said…
There is NOTHING that makes me happier than a pumpkin patch!!!! LOL

Tired Teacher said…
Aww, you are so sweet to recognize my 100th QOV. That program is near and dear to my heart.

Your new community and surrounding area looks fabulous. Biking hills is not my idea of fun, so I admire Fireman's eagerness to ride the hills.
Mereknits said…
I love the country, I love pumpkins and of course Wisconsin. As for the storm, no worries here we will be fine.
Meredith
Anonymous said…
We, SFers, know the Cubs are really good this year but like any fan of a sports team, especially of the Giants, we believe. The commemorating ornament is sweet and how thoughtful of your friend. I would love to live where you are but the hub of technology is where we need to be by. It's quieter than the city here which I'm all for.
Judy S. said…
So where is a nearby ghost walk? So glad you're loving Lake Geneva! Fireman has to bring his bike to Seattle; we are a city with big hills, and so is SF!
Araignee said…
100 quilts? That is amazing.
The only thing I don't like about living in the middle of nowhere is that I seem to always be in the car. Everything is so far away. I keep waiting for the time in my life where I can just stay home. If Amazon don't sell it, I don't need it.
Teresa Kasner said…
I hope you could show a photo of your new house.. your countryside looks wonderful. Worrying is not worth the time. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Betsy said…
I love your all over the place post. The country does seem to agree with you doesn't it? I love being home, but I enjoy traveling too.
Blessings,
Betsy
AsKatKnits said…
After 10 days in the beauty and quiet of Northern Michigan, I am with you on not being in a "big city" - Steve hated it and I loved every single second. The quiet, the lack of traffic, the well water, the air - every part was a balm to my soul! Great post!
Lynn said…
Buck thorn is always going to be a problem. It is all over the nature center where my husband volunteers. His best advice to you is when you cut it, within an hour herbicde it if you want to get rid of it. Roundup is the one he suggests. Good luck!
Lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???