My Locker Partner Nurse Pal Did it Again

The Granny Cardigan by Ellene Warren on Ravelry

I met some nurse pals for breakfast today.
My old locker partner Anne came too. 
She crocheted this gorgeous top. 
I made her lift up her armpit so you could see the granny square construction.
She is very much an artist.  

We were all telling old stories. Hers was the funniest.
We all had embarassingly bad moments when we were so dang tired from night shift that we fell asleep while the kids in our house ran amok.

Apparently Anne was supposed to be watching her granddaughter but she collapsed on the sofa after a night shift.
(Who by the way asks their mother to baby sit after a night shift?)

Anne awoke to find her granddaughter had taken her craft scissors and cut Anne's hair while she slept and snored. Thats no April Fools!  

Comments

elns said…
She wears that top well, great color combination and fit! That story though? A winner hands down!
Anonymous said…
LOL! Oh boy, what a surprise for your buddy here. Beauty Palor while grandma is asleep. How cool she hooked a cardigan from granny squares. I know there's a cute, little top on Ravelry for little girls where it's a granny square construction.
Araignee said…
Love that cardigan! That is one hilarious story. I fell asleep once while preggers with #2 Son only to find my toddler had eaten a tube of toothpaste. Off to the ER we went. He was okay but he burped bubbles for days. Not funny at the time but we laugh about it now.
Caffeine Girl said…
That is funny!
I don't know how nurses do those overnight shifts, double shifts...at least students go home every afternoon!

That is a cool cardigan.
Delighted Hands said…
Oh, that's awful and funny! The cardigan is beautiful!!! I'm glad you had fun with our gals!
Tired Teacher said…
Ooh my, a budding hair stylist - not funny when it happened, I'm sure, but it gave me a chuckle today.

Love the granny square sweater!
Judy S. said…
LOL! Fun Sweater, too.
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh. Hopefully she could fix up the cutting without going completely bald.

Her sweater looks great!

Isn't it great getting together with friends!
Yikes! Did she leave her a tip? LOL
Teresa Kasner said…
Great wrap your friend made and what a story! Have a super weekend.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Mereknits said…
Great sweater and great stories.
Hugs,
Meredith
Great cardigan! so clever

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???