Friendships

 You were so kind about my shawl.  I guess we've all been there. 
That's what to love about a knit blog. 
(Not to mention your recipes, your intimate life shares and your inspirational charity knits and our checking in with one another throughout the week) 

So yesterday I was in my LYS and Adrienne had knit this Lena Shawl in Cascade Echo Cloud. 
No, no, not for me. 
I just thought you'd like to see it if you are up for something new. 
It uses 9 skeins of yarn and the pattern is in Pam Allen's Home book.
Adrienne can't decide if it is a blanket or a shawl, but she loves it. 
She says you start at the little lace part on the bottom of the shawl and decrease as you go.  

Tank can be so adorable with those baby blues. 

Last thing this fine Saturday:
We were out to dinner with dear old friends we know from way back: we worked at McDonalds together in high school.
Good things happen for us under the Golden arches...but 
they were saying they were going to Multnomah Falls this summer.
I piped up with  "Oh my friend volunteers there!"


Fireman laughed and explained how I "KNOW" Teresa. 
My friends thought it was the coolest thing.
It is. 
Teresa, they are coming to see you this summer. 
And you are my friend , so there. 






Comments

Betsy said…
I love this shawl! It's gorgeous. And how fun that your friends are going to see Teresa. Multnomah Falls is just gorgeous at any time of year. Maybe you can tag along? Happy Saturday!
Blessings, Betsy
Anonymous said…
Tank is SUCH A HANDSOME guy! I love his name too. LOL

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Anonymous said…
What a shawl. It is lovely. It is such a good sized one too. And thank you for the well wishes; you're so sweet. Tank is great.
Mereknits said…
She is my friend too and so are you!
Hugs,
Meredith
Teresa Kasner said…
I was reading along and saw "Multnomah Falls" and read on.. how fun! Tell her I volunteer there most every 2nd and 4th Thursday afternoons - 1:30 to 5 pm - and would love to meet her. If I knew when she was coming I'd look for her. She could give me a hug from you! :-) And I definitely consider you a real and true friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Delighted Hands said…
Blog friends are real friends....they enrich your life and support and encourage you.
They care about what you are doing and what you are thinking while doing it.
Yup, she is your friend!
Jennifer said…
Tell Fireman that virtual friends are real friends! :)

Araignee said…
I do that all the time. I refer to my blog friends as "my friends". Bloggers get it. Daughter had two of her blog friends as bridesmaids. For real.
Katherine said…
I love the community of friends that the knit blogs have brought to me. You are all so special and precious. Our common love for yarn has led to an abiding love for each other. It doesn't get any better!

I love that shawl. I think I would like to knit one in white alpaca. Hmmmmm.
Tired Teacher said…
The shawl is lovely, but I'll pass on knitting one.

Aw, Tank is a handsome fella.
Blogging allows one to have friends from all over the world.....it wonderful!!!! I treasure all of mine!
Caffeine Girl said…
I cannot imagine a shawl that takes 9 skeins. Shouldn't that be a sweater?
I am also going to Multnomah Falls this summer! I didn't know Teresa volunteered there!
karen said…
our knitting world is small in this big universe. I think we have friends every where!!
Judy S. said…
Multnomah Falls is beautiful as is the drive along the Gorge, and it's not a whole lot farther to Seattle! I've met several blog friends in person, and they are just as real online as they are face to face. That is a nice shawl but would take a long, long time to finish, at least for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???