This is the first of my ThreeIrishGirls socks. The yarn is heavenly.
#1 Do you have a favorite sock yarn?
#2 Do you knit top down or toe up?
#3 Have you ever knit a Holiday Stocking?
#4 Have you tried KnittersPride Karbon needles?
#5 Do you knit through the back loop on your gusset pick ups on the first round?
#6 Do you know someone famous who knit socks?
#7 It is Pi Day. This is Miss Pie's designated Birthday.
She is 3 now.
Will you have Pie today?
#8 Have you seen the see through clogs that show off your handknit socks?
#9 What's the biggest pair of socks you've ever knitted?
#10 What color is your current or last pair of knit socks?
1. I have many favorites: (but do share, I'd like to try more)
I love Happy Feet yarn for the price and the colors.
I love Lorna's laces sock yarns for the wear.
I now love Three Irish Girls Yarns.
2. I only knit top down. The whole toe thing still makes me concentrate hard in the end. Why knit toe up?
3. I knit a Holiday Stocking for my sister but I don't think she uses it. It does fix second sock syndrome, that's for sure.
4. I just bought my first package of Karbon Sock needles and I do love them. My woods were splitting on the ends. I haven't bent the Karbon's yet!
5. Knitting through the back loop on the first gusset round really eliminates that holey look. This was Yarn Harlots suggestion. It works!
6. I just learned that Nancy Reagan knit Ronnie socks all the time.
7. I will have one bite of Cherry Pie in Miss Pie's honor today.
8. I think those see through clogs are a riot but I dont like how they look with jeans. I'll stick to my clogs and let the back of the socks show off as I walk down the street!
9. The largest pair of socks was a pair I knit for Fireman years ago. They were knee socks for cross country skiing. He didn't really fall in love with them. He doesn't really like my socks. More for me!
10. As you can see my current sock knit up is a fantastic array of bright and cheery colors. Boy do we need it here in the cloudy damp cold Midwest March!