Family Time IN Minnesota

 Just back from a family visit to my Sister's home in Minnesota. 
She is not a farmer.  She is a veterinarian.   I love seeing all the farms along the way to Minnesota through Wisconsin.  So I have to share this cold farm photo with you.  
 My sister loves her Denver Bronco Mitts. 
You can see they are not exact matches but close. 
I Finished them on the road trip on the way up north. 
My sister Michelle is 5 years younger than I am .
We were not very close growing up, but we are very close now.  My sister looks so very much like my mom. 
Allison flew in from Virginia for the visit! 
We had a wonderful week. We hiked in the Lebanon Hills snow. 
We played card games and we had some heart to heart talks about our Mom.  
 Dashielle their Gordon Sniffs evergreens in their yard for birds!  He has his agility trophy and is now working on field trials and birding.  
My sister has a fabulous German shepard too. 
It was great fun to watch the Westminster show with my sister, the Vet and her husband a Veterinarian too
 More on our yarn trip to Stillwaters Darn knit Anyhow yarn shop.  For now, I will show you that I caved when I saw the neon green and blue sock yarn. 
It has been very fun to work on my shrug. 
The size 8 needles and 6 row repeat are easy going and fun.

How was your weeK? 
Im headed over to your blogs to catch up.

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
Looks like a fun time!
Teresa Kasner said…
Your sister and daughter are gorgeous! I wish you'd posed with them! I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and I hope you came to some good decisions about your mom. Not easy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Araignee said…
Looks like you had a great time. Nothing like family!
Anonymous said…
The mitts look great, but I REALLY love Alison's tabard vest! So cute!

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! :-)
kathy b said…
Dee

Know I had to look up tabard vest! Oooooh love the look. Actually AL is wearing the color block sweater i made in bulky acrylic in January. Fits her perfect. The sleeves are navy and the back is navy. I'll post the back tomorrow for you
Betsy said…
Great picture of your girls and I'm glad the mitts were such a hit. There is nothing like family. Fun times!
Blessings,
Betsy
Sounds like a great time! Your shrug is really looking nice! Love the color! Nice mitts too.
Delighted Hands said…
Sweet reunion! The mits, yarn and shrug are spot on!
Mereknits said…
sister time and daughter time are the best! So glad yo had a wonderful visit.
Hugs,
Meredith
Stefanie said…
What a lovely time you had. Their snow is no joke.
Tired Teacher said…
The mitts look great on your sister!
karen said…
your sister time sounds like my sister time!! I love family visits and getting together and sharing some new memories while thinking of old memories.
Judy S. said…
Nice looking mitts! Love the shrug also. And that's a fun photo of Al and your sis. Glad you had a good visit.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???